Ellylane2009

Oct 7, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
Hi Denise, I'm so sorry you're going through all this with Tiberius. You both have been through so much, and it seems he's been misdiagnosed and given meds he may not have needed. I don't know anything about CCD, and have never heard about Dementia in dogs. I'm going to have to look this up and learn about it. It's too bad that he's been through so much testing and they still can't diagnose what's wrong with him. At least if you knew what was causing his symptoms, you would be able to make better choices and decisions for his treatment. Has he been tested for Cancer or had his thyroid tested? I hope that the vet can get to the bottom of it and figure out what he has. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

The answer to your question of How to Know When it's Time, is different for everyone and every dog. We are never ready to say goodbye to our babies, and it's the toughest and most heartbreaking decision we have to eventually make for them.
I always say that when their quality of life and their life as a dog is no longer good, when they can no longer able to walk or run, hold their bladder or bowels, if they are in pain or can no longer run and play and enjoy being a dog, then it's time for us to make that unselfish decision to end their suffering and let them go. We do all we can to make sure they have a good life, and when they get sick, we do our best to see that all avenues have been tried, we give and get unconditional love and when it's time for them to cross the bridge, then they count on us to help them. We owe that to them, and we owe it to them to stay with them and comfort them until they pass, even though our hearts are breaking and it feels like our hearts are being ripped out. We feel quilty or that we are giving up on our beloved pets, but it's the the best thing we can do for them, because they can't do it for themselves, and they count on us to love them enough to let them go with love and dignity.
Your reply helped me a lot tonight so thank u.💜

Members online

No members online now.