Lee and Manny

Aug 5, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Manny
Nose rope is the wrinkle above their nose. T
This was exactly what happened to my 3 yr old English bulldog. I changed her diet to freeze dried raw Vital Essentials, and glandex probiotic. I got her an antibiotic just to be safe and to start fresh. I cleaned her nose rope with mal-a-ket wipes about 2-3 times a day for about a week until the redness went away. Or you can just use mild soap and a rag and then a tissue to dry it. Now i use the wipes about 2-3 times a week. and i also clean her tail pocket. Her nose rope is never going to be white like it was when she was a puppy but it does not get red either. It just stays a little brown. Its hard to eliminate yeast 100%
Ah. Ive been calling them, Manny's is in two, his jowls. Can you get these wipes in the UK? And is aloe vera ok to use? I've been using that as it's kept in the fridge and thought as his "rope" is very red and stabbed it'll help stop it hurting him and get all the bits out and get rid of the scab.

Lee and Manny

Aug 5, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Manny
This is my boy Manny. He fits in well at our house and loves his cuddles. And smooches. 😁

Attachments

• 20220728_184936.jpg
    20220728_184936.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
He is such a cool color! You can buy them at the vet or Amazon. I’m not sure on the aloe vera. But I will say that the key to maintaining the nose rope is to keep it dry. The mal-a-ket wipes have a drying agent which is alcohol which makes them easy to use. But If the alcohol really hurts him, then just use gentle soap and water. Then dry it using tissues. Again, the key is drying. Maybe even dry it with tissues several times a day. I would wash with soap and water several times a day, dry with tissues after each wash and then see if anything improves. It really sensitive so don’t rub too hard.

Lee and Manny

Aug 5, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Manny
He is such a cool color! You can buy them at the vet or Amazon. I’m not sure on the aloe vera. But I will say that the key to maintaining the nose rope is to keep it dry. The mal-a-ket wipes have a drying agent which is alcohol which makes them easy to use. But If the alcohol really hurts him, then just use gentle soap and water. Then dry it using tissues. Again, the key is drying. Maybe even dry it with tissues several times a day. I would wash with soap and water several times a day, dry with tissues after each wash and then see if anything improves. It really sensitive so don’t rub too hard.
I've noticed it's very sensitive, he doesn't like it when use cotton buds even though it's hardly touching him. I use the aliens as it's kept in the fridge so it's cooling for him. He seems to not like it being cleaned yet, don't think the couple who fostered him knew to much about an EBs cleaning.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
See if you can pick up chlorhexidine 2% from a veterinary store. Soak cotton or something soft with it and clean that way. Be careful not to get it in the eyes. You can let it sit a few minutes before drying.

After drying (dry very well, gently with soft cloths, a cold blow dryer if you can get away with it), apply some cornstarch. If the area is active the cornstarch will gum up and you’ll need to clean more often at first. Eventually the cornstarch should stay a powder and keep the area dry and you’ll suddenly have fur there again one day

Members online

No members online now.