Do puppies change color as they grow?

Ad0rabull

Dec 11, 2014
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Millie
Hi guys! I will be picking up my first EB puppy in a about a month and can hardly wait! I put a deposit on my little guy when he was a week old and have been getting weekly pictures of him from the breeder since. I love seeing new pictures of him, but I have a question about his coloring. He was a brownish color when he was born, but now at 3 1/2 weeks his coat seems to be changing colors. Is that typical of bulldog puppies? Both of his parents are a light red/fawn. I don't really care what color he turns out to be (although I do love the red/fawn) :tongue: What are your guys' thoughts? Do you think he's changing? This first set of pictures are of him on Dec. 4th and the second set I received yesterday. Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 11.44.10 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-12-13 at 11.44.31 AM.jpg

Photos depend a lot on the lighting. Right now he looks like fawn, and the patch on his face looked fawn, and in last photo face patch looks brindle.

Our girl was a really red brindle but as she grew and everything stretched out she definitely got a little lighter in color.

Yes! They totally do! When Orion's brother and sisters were born they were all darker. As they got older their markings turned more red/fawn and less dark brown.

Here is a video and a photo of all three on their birthday. [MENTION=4456]MyLittleEcho[/MENTION]

pig pile 650k (2).jpg

Echo is the solid color body on the right of the photo

Echo is at the bottom of the video and here is a photo of Echo at just over 1 month old.

IMG_7071 echo.jpg

Here is Charli on her birthday.

babies 085.jpg

And just barely over a month old.

IMG_6993.jpg

IMG_6846 listed names (2).jpg

Can lo did. He's the baby on the right with his momma. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418510667.381157.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418510709.987010.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they do as others have said, it is normal.

Sea-bass got five new toys ( they can never have enough ) and a new bed from my daughters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back