How about adoption? I'm not sure where you are but here in Miami there are dozens of bullies, young and old, looking for homes. There is a lot to be said for adopting an older dog; they are usually potty trained, know basic commands, and the annoying chew-on-everything puppy mode is out the window! PLUS you have the benefit of knowing his/her true temprament AND if there are any serious health issues, they would likely have already come to pass, unlike with a puppy where you have to play it by ear until his/her body matures. Bonus, adopting or taking in an older bully is much more affordable AND you have the joy of knowing that you have such an amazing gift to one of God's most precious and pure creations.
All I'm trying to say is that a puppy isn't going to end your saddness, in fact, it sounds like you may not be ready to move forward. I can tell you from personal experience (though yours may differ) that a new dog/puppy does not heal your wounds. Sure, they're cute, but you still long for your missing pet, you still think back on the cute things he/she did and you still compare them.
My Slim was a very ill, abandoned puppy who required months of fostering and thousands in vet bills before he was considered healthy enough to find a home. Now at almost 2 years old he is the most gentle, hilarous, snuggly little bug and I can tell every day how thankful he is to have us as his family. I hope that you can find some peace with your loss and that you will respect Dozer's memory by allowing yourself a respectable amount of time to grieve and consider if your heart is ready.