Our 14 1/2 year old English Bulldog Blossom loves the ocean. We live in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio and since Blossom is a rescue dog, we have no idea of her past life before we fostered her and then adopted her 6 years ago. Shortly after our previous Bulldog passed away, a Bulldog rescue group asked us if we could foster an elderly Bulldog. We were told that she appears to have been used for breeding, has a few medical issues including cherry eye, cataracts & entropion in right eye. 3 different vets estimated her to be 8-9 years old. Our thoughts were to give this dog the best life possible because she probably didn't have much time left. We are avid campers and get to travel often. the first few campgrounds we visited had lakes, blossom liked to wade in the water about 3 - 6 inches deep. Our first trip to Myrtle Beach, blossom pulled me to the ocean, and walked the shoreline, she smiled when splashed by the waves. We have since been to many beaches along the east coast, from the Delaware beaches, Maryland beaches, Virginia beaches, N. Carolina beaches, S. Carolina beaches, Georgia beaches, & Florida beaches. Last month, Blossom wasn't doing well, she kept losing her balance, getting confused inside & outside our home, and losing control of her bladder inside the house (first time ever) Since we celebrated Christmas one week early with our kids & grandchildren, I told my wife that we should take Blossom someplace warm & get her to a beach. All the Florida campgrounds were booked, so I googled warm getaways for the holidays. South Padre Island, Texas came up and I started doing some research. Long story short, We booked a 5 day stay at the Ramada inn resort that was pet friendly for far less than the campgrounds there. Blossom had a blast, got to go to the ocean every day, perfect weather, high 70's - mid 80's. her hip & legs were no longer bothering her, it was a great get away.... If she can hold out a little longer, we will be heading to southern Florida in February.

Attachments

• South Padre Island, Texas (86).jpg
    South Padre Island, Texas (86).jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 292
  • South Padre Island, Texas (25).jpg
    South Padre Island, Texas (25).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 206
  • South Padre Island, Texas (48).jpg
    South Padre Island, Texas (48).jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 202
  • faces of Blossom (6).jpg
    faces of Blossom (6).jpg
    909.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 4 Myrtle Beach Sight-seeing Blossom (8).jpg
    4 Myrtle Beach Sight-seeing Blossom (8).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 237
  • Blossom in water at North Landing RV Resort Virginia Beach Va (10).jpg
    Blossom in water at North Landing RV Resort Virginia Beach Va (10).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 199
  • Blossom at Delaware beach (5).jpg
    Blossom at Delaware beach (5).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 229
  • Blossom in water at North Landing RV Resort Virginia Beach Va (2).jpg
    Blossom in water at North Landing RV Resort Virginia Beach Va (2).jpg
    893.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 1 Blossom with bunny ears.jpg
    1 Blossom with bunny ears.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 249
  • AA Sabre needs to go back on my phone (14).jpg
    AA Sabre needs to go back on my phone (14).jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 233

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Thank you for posting about your gorgeous girl. What a wonderful way to start the New Year with a story like this!
14 1/2, amazing! Welcome!

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
Really enjoyed your heart felt travel log and photos. What a GREAT team. We are here in Florida and sending along season greetings Florida style , happy new year to Blossoms' and Blossom's family and safe travels.
IMG_20201215_083137694_HDR (2).jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
She is gorgeous... amazing to be 14 years old!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN! What a wonderful life you have given her… thank you for sharing and can’t wait to see the Florida pictures

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
SPI is a nice place. Corpus Christi was my home for a while and I crabed there.

Blossom lucked out on her forever home and thank you for taking her in and for the great story.

Staff online

Members online