Bulldog Stories and Poetry

Sticky threads
Frank has his Cherry eye opp on Saturday
Our 14 1/2 year old English Bulldog Blossom loves the ocean. We live in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio and since Blossom is a rescue dog, we have no idea of her past life before we fostered her and then adopted her 6 years ago. Shortly after our previous Bulldog passed away, a Bulldog rescue group asked us if we could foster an elderly Bulldog. We were told that she appears to have been used for breeding, has a few medical issues including cherry eye, cataracts & entropion in right eye. 3 different vets estimated her to be 8-9 years old. Our thoughts were to give this dog the best life possible because she probably didn't have much time left. We are avid campers and get to travel often. the first few campgrounds we visited had lakes...
2014 Poetry Entry by Susie I am Howie and Nothing More Wild and Strong That is he He has a name that is not long In short . . . Howie If he were a human He would be called brave But he is a dog And, as such, does not need the rave Though his wisdom may be spent on an orange ball. Chasing our hearts and other little falls. Howie is our love and that is all.
Meekos Mum Author MeekosMommy Madness starts from the moment you awake Energetic wiggles from the butt that you shake Eating your way through everything in site Kisses i recieve each morning and night Oh where would i be without MeekMeek by my feet Sad and lonely .. Id be incomplete My boy you mean the world to me Unconditional love from me to my bully Madness starts from the moment you awake - but i love you like a fat kid loves cake!!
The bullies that I speak of both have four large, gigantic feet. Their dark eyes are like pools that will grab you like jewels. They come when you call, if they want to be hugged, tugged or hauled. They are not very tall, but they have such a ball. They run in tandemā€¦. most likely from the vacuum. The carpets they shred, to make a good bed. Their path of destruction is their sure way of seduction. The house is their house; they allow me to room, to come when they call, which is most likely by noon. They eat, sleep and play all through the day; and look at you smart, when you complain if they fart. These bullies that I speak of always steal the blankets and sheets; they train you to be just what they expect to seeā€¦.their parents who are...
We Love you Buster Author dolphin After Mickey had passed we felt so blue That was until God let us find you. We couldnā€™t believe our lucky stars From that very first look we knew you had to be ours So cute and fluffy and incredibly small When we put you down you could barely crawl You found your way into our hearts so fast, so quick When we left you alone at first it made us feel heart sick Youā€™ve brought happiness and love back to our lives We can hardly wait for the new morning to arrive Youā€™re so funny and cute in every way You bring sunshine and joy to every day I never knew what it meant to love a dog like you But do know now my love will never subdue
USED Author JeannieCO Used for breeding, you produced. Year after year you produced, until you could produce no more. Left to wonder I did, all those years you were used, used for breeding, how many did you produce? Used for breeding, you produced. Were you touched? Were you loved? Touched you were, and loved you were, by all those many babies you produced. Used for breeding, you produced. Left at the shelter you wereā€¦..why oh why, because you got old and could not produce. Left to a life unknown, a life with no touch, a life of no love, from the only life you once knew, a life that produced. Used for breeding, you produced. Where did you come from I asked myself? It didnā€™t matter really, because now you could no longer...
Brockstar Author: Cuddles116 To my overly hyper bully Brock, you have this adorable little strut, That makes everyone we run across flock, to come pet your cute, wiggly butt. You're certainly not that lazy bully, I'd always thought you would be, In fact you're more like a wrinkly mini greyhound, with your endless energy. It seems no matter how long we're outside playing, and running up and down hills, When I try to get you inside you go crazy, and it becomes a battle of wills. You lack some other key traits too, that I'd constantly heard about, You hardly drool, snore or fart, and your tongue barely sticks out. It's not all bad though, sometimes you even have moments of boyish charm, When you snuggle up and attack me with those...
Gen. John Pershing awards Sgt. Stubby with a gold medal in 1921. Stubby served in 17 battles and fought in four major allied offensives during WWI. (Photo courtesy of Smithsonian Institutionā€™s National Museum of American History) by Staff Sgt. Robert M. Trujillo 9th Reconnaissance Wing Public Affairs BEALE AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. -- During World War I tales of sacrifice and heroism emerged from battlefield. These heroes came from all walks of life; one such hero happened to walk on all fours. He was a bulldog named Sgt. Stubby. He served in 17 battles and fought in four major allied offensives with Beale's 1st Reconnaissance Squadron, 12th RS and 99th RS, which provided air support. Sgt. Stubby became the most decorated war dog...