Chrisc0521

Jun 15, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Have a 6 month English Bulldog and recently started getting 3 bald spots. One in his neck and 2 on his body. They are very small but nothing I've seen before. Wondering if y'all know what it could be. Has me alittle worried. Idk if it a food reaction but berly came up and has been eating Acana Food for a while now the duck and pumpkin recipe. Does anyone have a clue what it could be? Will be taking him to the vet ASAP.View attachment 121152

View attachment 121153

Attachments

• B784206E-2E7A-4C0A-B645-D74427AC52D2.jpeg
    B784206E-2E7A-4C0A-B645-D74427AC52D2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Have a 6 month English Bulldog and recently started getting 3 bald spots. One in his neck and 2 on his body. They are very small but nothing I've seen before. Wondering if y'all know what it could be. Has me alittle worried. Idk if it a food reaction but berly came up and has been eating Acana Food for a while now the duck and pumpkin recipe. Does anyone have a clue what it could be? Will be taking him to the vet ASAP.View attachment 121152

View attachment 121153

Can be food, or pollen, or environmental allergies, Alopecia….very hard to pinpoint. We see this often. Simply shave a bit around it, wash with a good non perfume soap. I only use on my dogs Dr. Bronner's soaps. Rinse properly n let it dry. You can also have the vet do a skin scrape to identify what it is. But most of the time by following the above instructions works well. I’ve been through all this with Jake n my previous. I up their probiotics in their meals so the have a better gut flora. You need to build up the immune systems, always works. If you’re feeding acana which is a great kibble, simple top with raw organs or heart. Start with a 1/4cup a day. Liver is good as it’s loaded of folate, iron, vitamin B, A, n copper. Good dense organ.

Btw, if he wears that little harness all day (idk) remove it till hair grows back.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)

View attachment 121153

agreed…. At his age, I would have him checked for mites (mange) to rule it out

Asia bully

Oct 3, 2021
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Asia

View attachment 121153
My bulldog is the same age and have the same problem but her patch is a lot worse and is spreading so is obviously at a later stage. Hopefully we get some answers.

Most Reactions

Members online