Chrisc0521

Jun 15, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Have a 6 month English Bulldog and recently started getting 3 bald spots. One in his neck and 2 on his body. They are very small but nothing I've seen before. Wondering if y'all know what it could be. Has me alittle worried. Idk if it a food reaction but berly came up and has been eating Acana Food for a while now the duck and pumpkin recipe. Does anyone have a clue what it could be? Will be taking him to the vet ASAP.View attachment 121152

View attachment 121153

Attachments

• B784206E-2E7A-4C0A-B645-D74427AC52D2.jpeg
    B784206E-2E7A-4C0A-B645-D74427AC52D2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 176

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Have a 6 month English Bulldog and recently started getting 3 bald spots. One in his neck and 2 on his body. They are very small but nothing I've seen before. Wondering if y'all know what it could be. Has me alittle worried. Idk if it a food reaction but berly came up and has been eating Acana Food for a while now the duck and pumpkin recipe. Does anyone have a clue what it could be? Will be taking him to the vet ASAP.View attachment 121152

View attachment 121153

Can be food, or pollen, or environmental allergies, Alopecia….very hard to pinpoint. We see this often. Simply shave a bit around it, wash with a good non perfume soap. I only use on my dogs Dr. Bronner's soaps. Rinse properly n let it dry. You can also have the vet do a skin scrape to identify what it is. But most of the time by following the above instructions works well. I’ve been through all this with Jake n my previous. I up their probiotics in their meals so the have a better gut flora. You need to build up the immune systems, always works. If you’re feeding acana which is a great kibble, simple top with raw organs or heart. Start with a 1/4cup a day. Liver is good as it’s loaded of folate, iron, vitamin B, A, n copper. Good dense organ.

Btw, if he wears that little harness all day (idk) remove it till hair grows back.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

View attachment 121153

agreed…. At his age, I would have him checked for mites (mange) to rule it out

Asia bully

Oct 3, 2021
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Asia

View attachment 121153
My bulldog is the same age and have the same problem but her patch is a lot worse and is spreading so is obviously at a later stage. Hopefully we get some answers.

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
My bulldog is the same age and have the same problem but her patch is a lot worse and is spreading so is obviously at a later stage. Hopefully we get some answers.
Did you get an answer to what it was and how did you stop it ??

Gronk2011

Oct 31, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gronkowski Hess
Hi my Bulldog Gronk had a really bad case of hair loss, it cost me 1,000 dollars to find out the problem. but there's nothing I wouldn't do for my boy. There are many different causes so you may want to explore them this way. After working with vets and trying the meds route I contacted Spectrum Vet and had a blood test done. I also had a culture done on Gronks hair follicles.(TL $200.00) I don't know anything about your dog but in Gronks case I had to stop feeding him anything with Duck, fish, Fish meal, Soy, or brewster's yeast and he cannot go into the wooded areas since I have an inordinate amount of Oak and Elm trees. I would have never known he had reactions to all these without Spectrum. The warning signs are ear infections, jowl redness, and paw itchiness then the skin problems. The pictures I uploaded are of Gronks beginning recovery and today approximately 1.5 years later. I wish I knew about Spectrum a lot sooner but here is my suggestion.{They will keep a file that you can have access to on the web}. I hope that your Bullie is OK soon and good luck.

https://spectrum.vet

Attachments

• EB342C19-EBC0-4F5E-ADCF-915A6E557B15_1_105_c.jpeg
    EB342C19-EBC0-4F5E-ADCF-915A6E557B15_1_105_c.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 4E7B71C5-2F2D-46FB-BFAF-96A06BAC3059_1_105_c.jpeg
    4E7B71C5-2F2D-46FB-BFAF-96A06BAC3059_1_105_c.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 78

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
I wish I knew about Spectrum a lot sooner but here is my suggestion.{They will keep a file that you can have access to on the web}.
Did you get all of this information from the blood test or did the follicle test also help? I was going to get Millie OFA tested and doing an allergy panel on her at the same time sounds useful

Gronk2011

Oct 31, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gronkowski Hess
Did you get all of this information from the blood test or did the follicle test also help? I was going to get Millie OFA tested and doing an allergy panel on her at the same time sounds useful
Hello Benny, the results on the culture were negative, which confirmed that the results from the blood text pointing out the foods and plants and fungi were what I had to pay more attention to. Gronk had 31 positives so I picked them apart one by one. I started with the grasses( Fungis). I brought him to dirt areas only for a week then onto the grass. I repeated that with the Oak leaves. I stopped his food, only meat, and rice. Then only the ingredients he was able to consume. Within days after I saw his ear infections go away. They do in fact have dogfoods that contain just what he needed. Spectrum will list all of them and treats as well.

Members online

No members online now.