Powerfreak1

Jun 25, 2017
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuck
Hey guys, my name is jake. Just recently joined the forum
And just recently brought home my English bulldog Chuck! The day before picking him up he had cherry eye surgery. The breeder has been around English bulldogs for over 20 years and is a big time show breeder. She gave me this ointment from the vet who did he surgery to put in his eye 2 times a day. I realize it won't heal over night and will take weeks to get back to normal. My concern is some mornings be wakes up and has so much green discharge on his eye I have to wipe it so he can even open his eye. It's still swollen and you can see the stitch. I'm very new to English bulldogs and have always wanted one so I know they need lot of TLC!!! I just want to ask the community if they have had this issue. Also when does his eye lid form back up to his eye? It's a little droupy from the surgery?

I have a vet appointment tomorrow but figured I would ask everyone else first!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
awww, welcome and though i haven't had this surgery for hank, the green doesn't sound right to me.... Lots of others here have so im sure someone will be able to fill you in with some insite as to whats norm or not.... in the meantime, you might put 'cherry eye' into the search and see what comes up :) all the best.

Florida girls

Feb 3, 2015
FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie Kae, Lady
Hi Jake and Chuck! I don't have any experience with the cherry eye surgery YET..Lady needs it, so I don't know but as Jill mentioned someone will answer

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey guys, my name is jake. Just recently joined the forum
And just recently brought home my English bulldog Chuck! The day before picking him up he had cherry eye surgery. The breeder has been around English bulldogs for over 20 years and is a big time show breeder. She gave me this ointment from the vet who did he surgery to put in his eye 2 times a day. I realize it won't heal over night and will take weeks to get back to normal. My concern is some mornings be wakes up and has so much green discharge on his eye I have to wipe it so he can even open his eye. It's still swollen and you can see the stitch. I'm very new to English bulldogs and have always wanted one so I know they need lot of TLC!!! I just want to ask the community if they have had this issue. Also when does his eye lid form back up to his eye? It's a little droupy from the surgery?

I have a vet appointment tomorrow but figured I would ask everyone else first!!

How is your boy doing? I tagged a few member with this experience.
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] [MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] [MENTION=14682]Corine Pesantes[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

OP
P

Powerfreak1

Jun 25, 2017
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Chuck
How is your boy doing? I tagged a few member with this experience.
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] [MENTION=14810]CCandMurray[/MENTION] [MENTION=14682]Corine Pesantes[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

Hes doing great! The cornea was irritated by the stitch that the first Vet did. Which was causing most of his swelling still and the green discharge from his eye. She removed the stitch today and gave me two other eye drops, one for the cornea and the other for his conjunctivitis. But in 14 days after hes done this round of antibiotics he should be good to go!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hes doing great! The cornea was irritated by the stitch that the first Vet did. Which was causing most of his swelling still and the green discharge from his eye. She removed the stitch today and gave me two other eye drops, one for the cornea and the other for his conjunctivitis. But in 14 days after hes done this round of antibiotics he should be good to go!!!

Great news!! Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Willow had cherry eye surgery, and the eye will be swollen for a few days. Willow had the actual muscle removed because unfortunately cherry eye can return in some dogs, and we are very pleased w/the outcome. Make sure to use the drops/ointment that the vet prescribed and hopefully that green discharge will go away...

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I would say it's common for it to look swollen or puffy but the green discharge has me a little concerned. Mine has had both eyes done about 6 months apart both turned out great! We did have medicated eye drops which seemed to help quite a bit I would consider asking your vet for drops. Good luck! Congratulations on your bully they are the best dogs ever! This site is filled with great people and a lot of great resources. If you have any questions please let me know!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I am just seeing this - SORRY!

How is your boy doing?

Well I was one of the "Lucky" few that had 2 failed tacks. The first one failed after not even 2 weeks and the 2nd one failed after a month. Lastly we just had it removed. Its been over a year and absolutely no issues. He still does get a little eye boogers here and there but never green.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.