Looking for help - Update

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Someone new to raw I immediately think foodborne illness. Iā€™m not judging in any way -just need to learn the basics. Can any meat be served raw? @1Chumly I saw thereā€™s a referral bonus on the k9 site if you want to refer me? Let me know whatā€™s needed if you do. It looked like $50 credit if I read it right.

I havenā€™t tried fish because I wasnā€™t sure what he could have. The test said, ā€œWhite-Colored Fish reactivity includes sardines, herring and tuna (and their oils)ā€. I wasnā€™t sure what fish was left. I could only think of salmon and that was on the avoid list. I will research that to expand his protein.

Itā€™s so easy to go down rabbit holes with these bulldogs and lose sight of the obvious. I appreciate your time!
Iā€™m in the food industry n can tell you ā€œfoodborne illnessā€ are mostly from vegetables. Yes of course does happen with meat which that happens as cross-contamination by human. Example using same counter, cutting board with meat with fruits/vegetables, food poisoning etcā€¦ā€¦I just had a recall from Costco as they know I bought Taylor kit salad. Was the cheese inside, wasnā€™t right. Last time I ever buy them kits. Anyhooā€¦ā€¦

We have 7dogs in my family n all on a raw diet. Been over 7yrs. No issues. I simply make sure the raw is taken out from the freezer n fed next day. You also can feed semi-frozen to feel safer.

BTW, these health issues isnā€™t just in bulldogs. Lots of other breeds have the same problem. šŸ‘

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
As most older members (not age wisešŸ˜) of EBN knows, I do a lot of essential oil mixes n suggestions. For skin issues n rashes, best oils would be lavender, frankincense, sandalwood. Always use a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil or castor oil. In Cooperā€˜s caseā€¦ā€¦.

2oz of FCO
8drops of of each: lavender, frankincense, sandalwood.
4drops of Tea Tree
mix vigorously, add to your hands n simply massage in.

If youā€™re not sure on oils plz ask me n donā€™t replace oils for others. Not all oils are for pets. Why I rather you ask before doing anything. Been doing this for decades. You also can use these oils in a diffuser ionizer without the FCO. Needs to say Ionizer as it basically vibrates faster to breakdown oils in water. We all know oil n water donā€™t mix.

BUT BUT BUTā€¦ā€¦ā€¦First, see what the dermatologist has to say. Give us an update. šŸ‘

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Someone new to raw I immediately think foodborne illness. Iā€™m not judging in any way -just need to learn the basics. Can any meat be served raw? @Cbrugs I saw thereā€™s a referral bonus on the k9 site if you want to refer me? Let me know whatā€™s needed if you do. It looked like $50 credit if I read it right.

I havenā€™t tried fish because I wasnā€™t sure what he could have. The test said, ā€œWhite-Colored Fish reactivity includes sardines, herring and tuna (and their oils)ā€. I wasnā€™t sure what fish was left. I could only think of salmon and that was on the avoid list. I will research that to expand his protein.

Itā€™s so easy to go down rabbit holes with these bulldogs and lose sight of the obvious. I appreciate your time!
I can most certainly try the referral. Not sure what info I would needā€¦maybe your name and email address? Let me take a look. You can PM that to me and I can give it a try.

OP
Sunflower13

Sunflower13

Feb 7, 2024
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
Iā€™m in the food industry n can tell you ā€œfoodborne illnessā€ are mostly from vegetables. Yes of course does happen with meat which that happens as cross-contamination by human. Example using same counter, cutting board with meat with fruits/vegetables, food poisoning etcā€¦ā€¦I just had a recall from Costco as they know I bought Taylor kit salad. Was the cheese inside, wasnā€™t right. Last time I ever buy them kits. Anyhooā€¦ā€¦

We have 7dogs in my family n all on a raw diet. Been over 7yrs. No issues. I simply make sure the raw is taken out from the freezer n fed next day. You also can feed semi-frozen to feel safer.

BTW, these health issues isnā€™t just in bulldogs. Lots of other breeds have the same problem. šŸ‘
Lol now that you mention it, it is always spinach or romaine! Noted! Can I pull any meat out of the freezer and serve?

I served in the Navy many years ago and weā€™d get patients needing meds after eating sushi overseas. I have no idea if Iā€™m comparing apples to apples - itā€™s just etched in my brain. šŸ˜‚

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Okay...I think you (and anyone else that wants to try this food) would just use this link - https://rawfedk9.com/?aaa_ref_id=MTYxODk2NQ

And no, you can't just pull out any meat from the freezer. Dogs need the meat plus bone and organ to make it a complete meal...usually 80/10/10 of each. The Raw Fed K9 food is already balanced. It has no veggies in it and is considered prey model. Some dogs do need the veggies in their diet and my Louie is one of them so he gets balanced frozen premades from a variety of different brands. Every dog is different and it's easy to tell how they are doing by their stool.

Feeding dogs raw is like you cooking yourself dinner. You clean the bowls after they eat, wipe up the counters, wash your hands, etc. I have never had any issues with feeding raw in all my years and I don't even eat meat!

OP
Sunflower13

Sunflower13

Feb 7, 2024
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
Okay...I think you (and anyone else that wants to try this food) would just use this link - https://rawfedk9.com/?aaa_ref_id=MTYxODk2NQ

And no, you can't just pull out any meat from the freezer. Dogs need the meat plus bone and organ to make it a complete meal...usually 80/10/10 of each. The Raw Fed K9 food is already balanced. It has no veggies in it and is considered prey model. Some dogs do need the veggies in their diet and my Louie is one of them so he gets balanced frozen premades from a variety of different brands. Every dog is different and it's easy to tell how they are doing by their stool.

Feeding dogs raw is like you cooking yourself dinner. You clean the bowls after they eat, wipe up the counters, wash your hands, etc. I have never had any issues with feeding raw in all my years and I don't even eat meat!
Good info! Thanks for the link!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Chumly is so cute! I have not done a skin allergy test but thatā€™s a great idea. He doesnā€™t have bedding of his own. I have blankets on the couch and on my bed. He likes to be close. :) But thatā€™s a good thought. Maybe my detergent is bothersome. Thank you!!
it can also be candles, air fresheners.. anything you use to clean with... all that stuff can cause issues for pets.

OP
Sunflower13

Sunflower13

Feb 7, 2024
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
As most older members (not age wisešŸ˜) of EBN knows, I do a lot of essential oil mixes n suggestions. For skin issues n rashes, best oils would be lavender, frankincense, sandalwood. Always use a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil or castor oil. In Cooperā€˜s caseā€¦ā€¦.

2oz of FCO
8drops of of each: lavender, frankincense, sandalwood.
4drops of Tea Tree
mix vigorously, add to your hands n simply massage in.

If youā€™re not sure on oils plz ask me n donā€™t replace oils for others. Not all oils are for pets. Why I rather you ask before doing anything. Been doing this for decades. You also can use these oils in a diffuser ionizer without the FCO. Needs to say Ionizer as it basically vibrates faster to breakdown oils in water. We all know oil n water donā€™t mix.

BUT BUT BUTā€¦ā€¦ā€¦First, see what the dermatologist has to say. Give us an update. šŸ‘
This is so nice - thank you!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol now that you mention it, it is always spinach or romaine! Noted! Can I pull any meat out of the freezer and serve?

I served in the Navy many years ago and weā€™d get patients needing meds after eating sushi overseas. I have no idea if Iā€™m comparing apples to apples - itā€™s just etched in my brain. šŸ˜‚
Yes you can pull it out from the freezer. My dogs use to eat it frozen but I changed that to semi frozen. Or like mention, thaw it in the fridge overnight is ok.

OP
Sunflower13

Sunflower13

Feb 7, 2024
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper
I found a veterinary dermatologist and will def look into!! I canā€™t wait to have that AHA! moment when I find the cause and can stop treating the symptoms! Iā€™m feeling hopeful!
I wanted to send a quick update after following your suggestions. 1. The NuStock worked wonders on the hotspot and between toes. Holy moly! 2. I have washed all of his blankets in water only. 3. I researched the raw diet and ordered the starter batch of 80/10/10 beef. I like that they have different protein options so I can rotate once I have him transitioned.

Thank you all so much! I know this shouldnā€™t be a replacement of veterinary care but you all have truly been more help than the vet ever has. ā¤ļø

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I wanted to send a quick update after following your suggestions. 1. The NuStock worked wonders on the hotspot and between toes. Holy moly! 2. I have washed all of his blankets in water only. 3. I researched the raw diet and ordered the starter batch of 80/10/10 beef. I like that they have different protein options so I can rotate once I have him transitioned.

Thank you all so much! I know this shouldnā€™t be a replacement of veterinary care but you all have truly been more help than the vet ever has. ā¤ļø
All them little things youā€™re doing, ā€œsometimesā€œ it is a replacement for a vet. But yes, very true our hands can be tied n you definitely need your vet asap. The more you keep on the maintenance, the less you see your vet.

Members online

No members online now.