Lala has had seizures Today and Wed...

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] Sorry to hear that LaLa has started to have seizures. I have had 2 dogs who had seizures. The most recent was Katie,my last rescue. As [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]
mentioned, I was using frankensense when she started, and it seemed to stop the seizure. That was helping for awhile. Usually Phenobarbitol is the next step, when nothing else works. Sending love to Lala and hoping that she does not progress to grand mal. :pray:

The other major treatment for epilepsy is potassium bromide 400 mg/ml liquid, dose is 20-35 mg/kg orally every 24h; divide every 12 hours if GI upset. Titrate dose using serum level of drug.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Sorry to be reading this. Sending you lost of positive thoughts.

Capebullies

Oct 18, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Whee and PiePie
both of my bullies had seizures in the past (mom 3X and son 1X) - head bobbing, usually up and down - seemed to occur with mom in a monthly cycle. Changed from Nexguard oral flea/tick to a topical solution and haven't seen a seizure in either dog in the past two years.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Why it stopped? And how or where did you administer it? Iā€™m asking cause more information for myself. :) frankincense is an oil thand would need to be applied till the rest of the petā€™s life....

//as soon as seizure started I applied it a the base if each ear, seizure stopped right away,

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
//as soon as seizure started I applied it a the base if each ear, seizure stopped right away,

Proof in the pudding as we say... but, why did you stop using it? Iā€™m asking cause itā€™s building up my notes. Might do that book you want once Iā€™m semi retired lol

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
So sorry to hear. I hope some of the previous suggestions help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I've ordered Frankincense oil...should be here in a day or so. We have not seen her have any sort of episode since the last ones I first reported. That's strange but I welcome "no more".
My Dozer had them on occasion and they seemed to come in clusters. He would have them(well...I should say I would SEE them) 3-5 days in a row and then it would be months before I'd see them again. Kind of like when I get eyelid twitching. They would happen several times a day for a few days and then maybe not again for a year or more. I'm thinking there's some sort outside influence/trigger for all of this behavior.
The brain is very complex...

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Oh my gosh this is terrible to hear and so very scary...
All our prayers coming to LaLa :angelheart:

Keep us posted!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] - OMG!! Ellie and I send our love to Ms Lala, glad to hear she has not had anymore episodes.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I've ordered Frankincense oil...should be here in a day or so. We have not seen her have any sort of episode since the last ones I first reported. That's strange but I welcome "no more".
My Dozer had them on occasion and they seemed to come in clusters. He would have them(well...I should say I would SEE them) 3-5 days in a row and then it would be months before I'd see them again. Kind of like when I get eyelid twitching. They would happen several times a day for a few days and then maybe not again for a year or more. I'm thinking there's some sort outside influence/trigger for all of this behavior.
The brain is very complex...

Frankincense basically helps the nervous system and been proven to shrink tumours. As you know itā€™s my ā€œgo toā€ oil especially for EB. A few years back Nyala started to sit on her bum n doing the fly catching or licking the air thingy. I would use this oil every other day n she stooped her little rain dance. This week Iā€™ve noticed she did it a couple times. So now I think Iā€™m going to leave her on frankincense for good. But that being said, whatā€™s odd, this so call licking the air, when she does it she also has just a dirty tail pocket. I donā€™t know why, my gut says the air licking can be a tail pocket issue. As you know Nyala always had a tail pocket problem but pass year her tail stays clean for a good month if not more. Last time Iā€™ve cleaned her tail was 3 weeks ago but cleaned it this morning n was a lot of hair in her tail. Winter coat is kicking in. Probably why it only did 3 weeks. So, yes do use frankincense everyday on Lala. Anyway it wonā€™t hurt her at all

https://www.prohealth.com/library/frankincense-food-for-a-happy-brain-and-neurological-system-42759

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It's very strange...Lala's doesn't air lick...she fly snaps. She'll be comfortably sitting(in my lap last time it happened) and she'll look up like she sees something and she'll move here head like she's focused on and following a gnat or fly, then she snaps at it. She usually repeats this several times. All the while, there's nothing there. Too weird.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It's very strange...Lala's doesn't air lick...she fly snaps. She'll be comfortably sitting(in my lap last time it happened) and she'll look up like she sees something and she'll move here head like she's focused on and following a gnat or fly, then she snaps at it. She usually repeats this several times. All the while, there's nothing there. Too weird.

What I meant by lick the air or fly catching to me itā€™s the same movement. I should have been more specific. Nyala basically doesnā€™t stick out her tongue whatsoever. Sheā€™ll sit on her bum like mentioned, no tongue sticking out and will do that Stevie Wonder style when he sits at the piano and moves his head to follow the beat. But there is no focus. Her head goes left, right, up, down... crap man pretty soon sheā€™ll do a 360 like The Exorcist! Now Iā€™ll have a fregen issue! Lolll

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Members online

No members online now.