Jackson is GROWING!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
20191021_093447(1).jpg
Hello all!
Jackson's brother came to visit him yesterday, and I could not believe how big Jackson was compared to Ruger! Jackson was the runt of the litter and was almost 3 lbs lighter than Ruger when we picked them up. Jackson is a chubbo next to Ruger and has matched his height. We brought Jackson to the vet today for his boosters and he gained 6 lbs in 3 weeks!! We are feeding him 1 cup puppy kibble morning and night, and 1/2 cup kibble at noon. Vet thought we could cut back to 3/4 cup am/pm and 1/4 cup at noon. She did laugh at all the wrinkles he has to fill out! Ruger on the other hand looked lean and no extra wrinkles. His đŸ’© s are pretty solid with a little soft serve once in awhile. He đŸ’©'s 5-7 times a day. Any thoughts out there? I dont want to overfeed him but if you could see how he licked his bowl dry at lunch today-:fie:! So much for being the runt!!:happy:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
View attachment 117691
Hello all!
Jackson's brother came to visit him yesterday, and I could not believe how big Jackson was compared to Ruger! Jackson was the runt of the litter and was almost 3 lbs lighter than Ruger when we picked them up. Jackson is a chubbo next to Ruger and has matched his height. We brought Jackson to the vet today for his boosters and he gained 6 lbs in 3 weeks!! We are feeding him 1 cup puppy kibble morning and night, and 1/2 cup kibble at noon. Vet thought we could cut back to 3/4 cup am/pm and 1/4 cup at noon. She did laugh at all the wrinkles he has to fill out! Ruger on the other hand looked lean and no extra wrinkles. His �� s are pretty solid with a little soft serve once in awhile. He ��'s 5-7 times a day. Any thoughts out there? I dont want to overfeed him but if you could see how he licked his bowl dry at lunch today-:fie:! So much for being the runt!!:happy:

These pups will still change. He poops a lot cause you’re feeding him kibbles. Yes 5-7x is a lot of do-do. What’s the kibbles? 2.5cups is about right for a puppy. I personally wouldn’t cut back. That being said, you give him any treats throughout the day? As that counts as extras. Also what’s the treats? Puppies absorbs all nutrients in puppy stage so careful what you’re cutting back.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy puppy cuteness... he is gorgeous!

I would not cut back... as long as not runny diarrhea, he should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Oh my goodness he is so much cuteness it I'd hard to handle.

I just want to give him cuddles.

I fed Bruce 100g of kibble 3 times a day

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
These pups will still change. He poops a lot cause you’re feeding him kibbles. Yes 5-7x is a lot of do-do. What’s the kibbles? 2.5cups is about right for a puppy. I personally wouldn’t cut back. That being said, you give him any treats throughout the day? As that counts as extras. Also what’s the treats? Puppies absorbs all nutrients in puppy stage so careful what you’re cutting back.

He is on Fromms Puppy Gold. As for treats, I switch off- 1 is only 3 calories each, grain free apple pumpkin crunchy thing, and another grain free all natural biscuit. They are all small and I even break them in half sometimes.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He is on Fromms Puppy Gold. As for treats, I switch off- 1 is only 3 calories each, grain free apple pumpkin crunchy thing, and another grain free all natural biscuit. They are all small and I even break them in half sometimes.

All looks good :)

Don’t forget to switch protein in about a months time. Get that little chunky monkey use to different single protein :)

Btw.....When you see the word...All Natural, there’s usually hidden ingredients. I’m in the food industry and I always come across the famous “all natural” phrase. Basically we need to read ingredients. You’ll be surprised how often the word natural is not so natural. Not saying your treats aren’t but always double check... just a thought:).

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
All looks good :)

Don’t forget to switch protein in about a months time. Get that little chunky monkey use to different single protein :)

Btw.....When you see the word...All Natural, there’s usually hidden ingredients. I’m in the food industry and I always come across the famous “all natural” phrase. Basically we need to read ingredients. You’ll be surprised how often the word natural is not so natural. Not saying your treats aren’t but always double check... just a thought:).

Oh my, how I learned that the hard way with my 1st EBD! I read the ingredient list first and limit treats to very few ingredients. And, I learned that HERE at EBN! Great people and advice!!

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] forgot to ask: Puppy kibble does not come in different proteins. I really want to stick with Fromm's puppy gold because he loves it and is obviously thriving on it. So, how do we switch proteins? Should I buy an adult version and add it to the puppy kibble? I was under the impression he should be on puppy kibble til at least 6 months. Please clarify! Thanks!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My goodness, he is adorable... I think he looks perfect!!!

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
This was my little bundle of joy this time last year! eee.jpg puppy stage was hell on earth for me, Ralph looked at me as food, i was his pin cushion for months :-) good luck!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] forgot to ask: Puppy kibble does not come in different proteins. I really want to stick with Fromm's puppy gold because he loves it and is obviously thriving on it. So, how do we switch proteins? Should I buy an adult version and add it to the puppy kibble? I was under the impression he should be on puppy kibble til at least 6 months. Please clarify! Thanks!

Fromm has one protein bags. No transition needed as same company. The only difference in puppy n adult is a couple different ingredients and a few vitamins/minerals. I did post a great link on puppy vs adult food. I didn’t bookmark it. Will try to find it. You basically can feed adult food to a puppy. Like I’ve mentioned previously rotation of protein helps a dog of any breed especially the prone ones to avoid food allergies. It truly works. I’ve done it on all my dogs. My 3 EB neither ever to this day had food allergies. When you have a puppy it’s the perfect time to start the rotation as you can easily monitor. With momma’s milk just like human babies they’re mostly protected to a lot of health issues. Not saying they are immune to the world but they do have more protection. Why it’s the ideal time for rotations. Oh yes stick to Fromm if that’s what you prefer. Their kibbles are a good quality.

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fromm has one protein bags. No transition needed as same company. The only difference in puppy n adult is a couple different ingredients and a few vitamins/minerals. I did post a great link on puppy vs adult food. I didn’t bookmark it. Will try to find it. You basically can feed adult food to a puppy. Like I’ve mentioned previously rotation of protein helps a dog of any breed especially the prone ones to avoid food allergies. It truly works. I’ve done it on all my dogs. My 3 EB neither ever to this day had food allergies. When you have a puppy it’s the perfect time to start the rotation as you can easily monitor. With momma’s milk just like human babies they’re mostly protected to a lot of health issues. Not saying they are immune to the world but they do have more protection. Why it’s the ideal time for rotations. Oh yes stick to Fromm if that’s what you prefer. Their kibbles are a good quality.

I understand your idea on protein switch, but not sure you understood my question. Since Fromms only has 1 protein bags, and not in puppy food, should I start buying small bags of different protein and add it to his kibble, like 50/50?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I understand your idea on protein switch, but not sure you understood my question. Since Fromms only has 1 protein bags, and not in puppy food, should I start buying small bags of different protein and add it to his kibble, like 50/50?

With Fromm, you can do just that... buy small bags and give a different one for each meal. Some of Fromm is not all one protein, like Game bird has about four, I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.