Howdy! My Duppy Pog and I are new here!

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Tucker is four and a half months old, and I just got him last week. We were destined to be together, as the last several weeks haven't been easy for either of us. Tucker was originally sold to a woman who traveled a lot with work, so she did not have time to spend with him. The breeder bought him back and had thought about keeping him, as well as a litter mate, mom, dad and a 5th dog. Lucky for me, he decided to sell Tucker, and that's when I was blessed.

Tucker was not real confident the first several days he was home, but he is now quite the character and will bark for attention, as though he doesn't get enough! I work in a nursing home, and I am fortunate enough to take Tucker to work with me daily. The staff, residents and visitors absolutely adore him! He is so mild mannered and easy to redirect, that I am so amazed. In the beginning, he didn't like for me to hold him or pick him up. Poor guy would "run" from me when I would go to put him in my car. However, I think he knows I'm sticking to him like glue, and he won't be going anywhere without me! He is relaxing more and letting me pick him up better now. He is a lug though! Weighs 31 pounds!

Oh yeah, and the reason I used Duppy Pog is because that is what one of my little ladies with Alzheimer's calls him. She said she always referred to her dogs like that. It is wonderful to see the smiles on the faces of my little people when Tucker is around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 154

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Tucker sounds like one fine therapy puppy that about everyone just needs. Bless you for bringing Tucker to these peoples lives. I truly praise you for that.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Tucker is just Precious. God Bless You for adopting this Wonderful Baby.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Welcome to EBN!!! Tucker is adorable, and that's wonderful that you can bring him to work with you...

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
It's so good to read your post Ginger! I can tell that you and Tucker are bonding and he is already your "therapy dog." It is so wonderful that you can take him to work every day. That's great for you and him and your patients! How lucky that he's such a laid back guy. I took one of my past bullies to work with me when she was a puppy and house training and it was so much fun--everybody at the office was so crazy about her. She would go into each office and say hello to everyone when we got there. I think Tucker has a great home--another reason for getting a dog soon after losing one, there are always dogs who are out there waiting for homes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WHAT A BEAUTY!! :welcome3: to EBN -- so happy you found us and what a great life Tucker is going to have with you and all his friends at the Nursing Home

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I love it! Duppy Pog!

Welcome to EBN!

bullmama