KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
Fellow EB lovers,
In a past post "First Time Here (Port Orchard WA Sept 6th), I reached out to the group asking for some advice. I was seeking an answer if anyone could tell me about my four-legged son (Gunny). I was wanting to know if I had an EB dog. I received a lot of great information, and I am appreciated for the comments that was given back to me. In fact, I used some of the suggestions you provided, and it did help my Gun-Guns' skin to become normal (No skin issues now). Unfortunately, I do not have an EB. I had Gunny take a DNA test (Wisdom Panel) and it came back as 52% American Staffordshire Terrier, 31% Bulldog, 10% French Bulldog, 4% American Pit Bull Terrier and 3% American Bulldog. The lady swore up and down she paid for an EB but that is not the case, so this may be my last post since I do not have an EB. Am I upset? No, not really! Over the last past weeks, I have grown to love him even more, and his breed type does not matter to me anymore -- he is my baby and that is all I have to say about that.

Update information:

8/12: - First day Gunny entered my life. That same day Gunny tried to attack my daughter’s dog but in the midst of attacking him, he accidentally bit my daughter hand (being in the way).

8/19: I gave him his first bath. He sat good for me.

8/20: I took him to Petco to get his first line of shots. He wanted to attack a small dog but other than that he was a good boy ($100.00+).

8/27: I went to introduce Gunny to the neighbor’s dog, and he tried to attack the neighbor's golden retriever (GR). Now Bella (the golden Retriever) is pissed at him and shows her teeth. Before she was the sweetest GR towards other dogs (Dang Gunny!)

9/1: I had to rush Gunny to urgent care because he decided to swallow a milk cap ($300.00 later)

9/7: Gunny had his first wellness check, and he got his right ear fixed due to it being infected. Besides the ear infection he was deemed healthy ($450.00 later)

9/10: I took Gunny for a drive in the truck and dumb-dumb decided to jump out the back passenger window while I was driving. All he got was a road rash cut above his left eye. Luckily, I wasn’t going fast (5 mph). He’s okay now.

9/17: Gunny received his second round of shots from Petco ($50.00).

9/22: Gunny will be going to the vet to get snipped and have his cherry eye fixed. They may grind something down in his airway to help him breathe easier (Approx $2000.00).

Can you still believe:
I still get up with him at 3 am on the weekdays and 6 am on the weekends to wipe his eyes, clean out his wrinkles, wipe down his whole body, brush his teeth, and put an ointment on his nose and his paw pads.

Last pics of Gunny! Thanks again, this group is incredibly awesome! It was a joy being part of this group!
Say good-bye Gunny!
"Bark!" lol

Attachments

• Acting Crazy.jpg
    Acting Crazy.jpg
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Acting Innocent.jpg
    Acting Innocent.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 33
  • Gunny's stance.jpg
    Gunny's stance.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
  • Handsome pose.jpg
    Handsome pose.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 34

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WHOW... what a moth for you and Gunny!! There is no reason to leave us.... Gunny is a handsome bulldog and you can stay and we can continue to support you and love seeing his photos! So what if he is not 100% bulldog...

you stay with us :)

Last edited:

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
good luck on your snip snip!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Fellow EB lovers,
In a past post "First Time Here (Port Orchard WA Sept 6th), I reached out to the group asking for some advice. I was seeking an answer if anyone could tell me about my four-legged son (Gunny). I was wanting to know if I had an EB dog. I received a lot of great information, and I am appreciated for the comments that was given back to me. In fact, I used some of the suggestions you provided, and it did help my Gun-Guns' skin to become normal (No skin issues now). Unfortunately, I do not have an EB. I had Gunny take a DNA test (Wisdom Panel) and it came back as 52% American Staffordshire Terrier, 31% Bulldog, 10% French Bulldog, 4% American Pit Bull Terrier and 3% American Bulldog. The lady swore up and down she paid for an EB but that is not the case, so this may be my last post since I do not have an EB. Am I upset? No, not really! Over the last past weeks, I have grown to love him even more, and his breed type does not matter to me anymore -- he is my baby and that is all I have to say about that.

Update information:

8/12: - First day Gunny entered my life. That same day Gunny tried to attack my daughter’s dog but in the midst of attacking him, he accidentally bit my daughter hand (being in the way).

8/20: I took him to Petco to get his first line of shots. He wanted to attack a small dog but other than that he was a good boy ($100.00+).

8/27: I went to introduce Gunny to the neighbor’s dog, and he tried to attack the neighbor's golden retriever (GR). Now Bella (the golden Retriever) is pissed at him and shows her teeth. Before she was the sweetest GR towards other dogs (Dang Gunny!)

9/1: I had to rush Gunny to urgent care because he decided to swallow a milk cap ($300.00 later)

9/7: Gunny had his first wellness check, and he got his right ear fixed due to it being infected. Besides the ear infection he was deemed healthy ($450.00 later)

9/10: I took Gunny for a drive in the truck and dumb-dumb decided to jump out the back passenger window while I was driving. All he got was a road rash cut above his left eye. Luckily, I wasn’t going fast (5 mph). He’s okay now.

9/22: Gunny will be going to the vet to get snipped and have his cherry eye fixed. They may grind something down in his airway to help him breathe easier (Approx $2000.00).

Can you still believe:
I still get up with him at 3 am on the weekdays and 6 am on the weekends to wipe his eyes, clean out his wrinkles, wipe down his whole body, brush his teeth, and put an ointment on his nose and his paw pads.

Last pics of Gunny! Thanks again, this group is incredibly awesome! It was a joy being part of this group!
Say good-bye Gunny!
"Bark!" lol
He looks like a Bulldog enough to qualify to remain a fixture here...NO DOUBT. Frankly, I think the DNA test is flawed. He may not be full blooded EB but he's AT LEAST 50%, IMO. Our Waggles is supposedly about 50% Bulldog and Gunny has more Bulldog traits than she does. Stick around and keep members updated on his growth, his health and his activities. That's what we like to read about. And we like pics, too!
And again, IMO, there's nothing sad about any of that news. Gunny has landed in the right spot and destined to be spoiled ROTTEN. It gets no better than that!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You stay! You stay Gunny! Good boy. He looks like a good percent of Bulldog to be here, and "we" approve! @KillRbee18

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Fellow EB lovers,

Update information:

Can you still believe:

Say good-bye Gunny!
"Bark!" lol
He looks mostly EB to me!
It sounds like he just doesn't like other dogs, some don't. He may have been attacked before you got him and it is fear aggression. Now that you are aware you can treat the situation accordingly. My female AB would attack any other female but was fine with males. We just had to be very careful.
Good luck, but please don't feel you have to leave!

OP
KillRbee18

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
He looks mostly EB to me!
It sounds like he just doesn't like other dogs, some don't. He may have been attacked before you got him and it is fear aggression. Now that you are aware you can treat the situation accordingly. My female AB would attack any other female but was fine with males. We just had to be very careful.
Good luck, but please don't feel you have to leave!
1chumly,
You are correct, he does not like other dogs or cats. I do agree with you, I too feel he experienced a rough life before coming into our lives. I have big hopes that a dog trainer, can help Gunny, but I also know Bulldogs can be set in their own ways (fingers crossed).

OP
KillRbee18

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
He looks like a Bulldog enough to qualify to remain a fixture here...NO DOUBT. Frankly, I think the DNA test is flawed. He may not be full blooded EB but he's AT LEAST 50%, IMO. Our Waggles is supposedly about 50% Bulldog and Gunny has more Bulldog traits than she does. Stick around and keep members updated on his growth, his health and his activities. That's what we like to read about. And we like pics, too!
And again, IMO, there's nothing sad about any of that news. Gunny has landed in the right spot and destined to be spoiled ROTTEN. It gets no better than that!
Thank you for the kind words -- He has been a blessing to me. I am a one-person dog! I know that could rub some people wrong but that is how I operate; I give all my attention and love to one dog. 6 weeks ago, I lost my four-legged German Shepherd Son; I was devasted and hurt. I truly loved him. To my military friends his name was Titan, but around the family and close friends; he was my Boo-bear! I was blessed to have him for 9 years until something unexpectedly (health wise) took his life, so now he is in doggy heaven guarding the gates. As for Gunny, he is filling that dark hole I once had. I do appreciate him, and that is why Gunny will get the best stuff a bulldog could have.

OP
KillRbee18

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
WHOW... what a moth for t=you and Gunny!! There is no reason to leave us.... Gunny is a handsome bulldog and you can stay and we can continue to support you and love seeing his photos! So what if he is not 100% bulldog...

you stay with us :)
2BullyMama,
It's been a wild ride these couple of months, but I still love him. I will admit, it's been a challenge with my Bulldog. To be honest with you, I am a German Shepherd lover, but since my baby boy passed away 6 weeks ago, the wife and I decided to change it up, and in comes Gunny (A Craigslist Rescue). I don't regret our choices. I am learning new things and Gunny is pushing me to do a lot more than what I ever did for my GS. Brushing teeth -- really? I gave my GS a daily dental stick and he was good to go. Wiping his eyes and cleaning his winkles -- never had to do it with the GS (lol). My GS, had a bath every month (Done by me), ate top dog and people food. Heck, he was given a T-bone and Baskin Robbins vanilla ice cream on his B-day along with some doggy presents. He was never left outside and was given daily walks without a leash. He had full access to our 3000 foot square foot home -- he had it made AND so will Gunny! Thank you for the kind words.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was watching a tv show we have here in Canada called Market Place. Somewhat like a consumer report. Was on dogs dna. You certainly can’t trust all reports. Heres the show n you’ll see most are not accurate. Gunny is a beautiful bully.

Btw, I never brush my 2 bully’s or any of my dogs I’ve ever own teeth. Marrow bones does that. My GS n Jake the white face EB both has pearly white teeth. Nyala my brindle are not as white but healthy.

Attachments

• IMG_1011.jpeg
    IMG_1011.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
Fellow EB lovers,

Update information:

Can you still believe:

Say good-bye Gunny!
"Bark!" lol
Wow Gunny looks way more than 31% bulldog! When I read that the DNA showed him being 52% Amstaff, I thought he’d look much more like my Amer Staffordshire, “Bubba”. (Who wound up having 12.5% bulldog in him!) 😂
Funny how DNA works…assuming it’s accurate LOL. Anyway, Gunny is so handsome!!

Attachments

• IMG_0625.jpeg
    IMG_0625.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 15

Members online

No members online now.