OP
SunnyThebully

SunnyThebully

Oct 17, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sunny
Sunny is purrrrrty.... let us know how acana is going. You can also add as a topper on Acana, raw organs1/4 cup. Wait till the transition is over, give it a couple weeks with Acana n start adding raw organs. Better than none at all.

That is a great idea, I was not sure if I could do that since this bullies are so special. Lol. Once the transition is over I will definitely try this out. Like you say, it’s better some then nothing.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Is there a particular kind I should get from the suggested brands?
Our Jackson started out on Fromm's 4 Star. He thrived but started developing allergies. I did alot of research because Fromm's does not have a truly single protein bag. Started with stella and chewy's and he did great, but it is hard to get consistently. Petsupermarket sells it but the stocking is very limited. I tried to order it directly from Stella's web and it says you can only get it in the store or online from Petsupermarket. Tried both. Both "out of stock". Gave up an dwent to ACANA single protein ( started with Lamb and apple grain free). Jackson is THRIVING on it! His stools are firm, and MUCH less than what he did on Fromma AND Stella's. I noticed yesterday his shedding is much less too! Highly recommend canned pumpkin during the transition. I also give Jackson a TBSP of Apple cider vinegar in his food twice a day. He loves it.!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION]. Definitely Acana has the highest count of protein from meat form. The problem is people are not reading the % of the meat in their bags but just see bags says ex..40% of protein. Most companies will add the legumes in that protein %. Legumes are cheap & they save $$ by doing that. Acana has an average between 3-6g only the rest is protein from meat. Why legumes are great fillers to save $.

The other thing is also if people did the math, if you feed a raw diet, it basically comes out to the same price as a high quality kibble. Calculate your cups x lbs/kilos per bag. Definitely you need to shop around for raw as some are ridiculously high for no reason. Some are buying it at
co-op or ask your butcher or simply do it yourself. Also a dog eats less on a raw diet. :)

OP
SunnyThebully

SunnyThebully

Oct 17, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sunny
Sunny loves ACANA, once I open the bag and he smells it, he goes crazy for the food. Lol. So far so good, I don’t see any allergies happening which is a good sign. I am currently feeding him ACANA puppy and junior formula.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Very rare puppies have allergies as they still have the mom’s rich milk roaming around in them. Why it’s very important to rotate after each bag. Nyala is 5 n Jake will be 4in Jan n neither has any allergies. They were raised eating all sorts of meat protein as pups. But there is one product which I’m a big believer in is frozen raw tripe. The green smelly tripe at the pet store in their freezer side. I use to buy them when Nyala was on Acana n Duke n I would always give them a piece as a noon snack. I would semi thaw the patties n cut them in 4 slices then back in the freezer. It smells like hell but these dogs were so full of energy. Jake was also raised eating different protein n tripe. Tripe has one of the highest probiotics. It’s the key to a healthy gut. if you buy some, it needs to be frozen n fed frozen. Also not the tripe in a can. Look into it. :)

OP
SunnyThebully

SunnyThebully

Oct 17, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sunny
I fed him some tripe as a snack just how you recommended and he loves it. My puppy has like so much energy, something I feel that he is not a bully by the time or energy that he has. I guess is a good thing. He looks very health compared to others bullies that I see.

📰 Latest posts

Members online