Donna-Marie7
Well-known member
- Nov 23, 2025
- 167
- 250
- Country
- England
- Bulldog(s) Names
- Freya
So Iāve always adopted dogs and never considered buying a puppy or older dog before.
Most of you know recently I came close to adopting a beautiful bull mastiff but realised I just wasnāt ready.
Iāve decided a puppy (my first ever!) is the only way for me. A puppy wonāt be replacing Freya but will be an add to our family.
It sounds odd but even though Freya no longer lives with me sheās both of ours and Iām still her mummy.
I also think a puppy will help Freya, sheās dog reactive but sheās extremely sensitive too.
I can introduce her to a puppy much easier than an adult dog or even a junior dog.
The puppies Iām going to see have a registered breeder and they have all the full health checks along with their parents and I can see them with their dam and possibly meet the sire too. They have all their necessary paperwork so Iām confident these are not bybs or puppy farm āsales peopleā
Iāve never agreed with paying for dogs except adoption fees and donations and I never thought Iād pay a respected breeder either to be honest.
They are a similar breed to Freya, sheās a British Olde Tyme bulldogge, these puppies are English Olde Tymes. Id registered with a site who only accepted licensed breeders and most were well outside my area or had no litter at the time.
I didnāt look for any breed of olde Tymes i put my choice as bulldogs but up they popped !
So after discussions on the phone and a first meet to come, I might soon have a furbaby!
Iām super excited but Iām taking my ex dog trainer with me , Iāve a good idea of what to look for in the pups and mothers but sheās much more knowledgeable than me.
The one thing I will be asking on here, is how the h*ll do you toilet train them. Thatās something Iāve never done other than with kittens but somehow I donāt think litter trays will work for puppies
so be prepared for lots of questions!
At 10 months old Freya is the youngest dog Iāve ever had.
Most of you know recently I came close to adopting a beautiful bull mastiff but realised I just wasnāt ready.
Iāve decided a puppy (my first ever!) is the only way for me. A puppy wonāt be replacing Freya but will be an add to our family.
It sounds odd but even though Freya no longer lives with me sheās both of ours and Iām still her mummy.
I also think a puppy will help Freya, sheās dog reactive but sheās extremely sensitive too.
I can introduce her to a puppy much easier than an adult dog or even a junior dog.
The puppies Iām going to see have a registered breeder and they have all the full health checks along with their parents and I can see them with their dam and possibly meet the sire too. They have all their necessary paperwork so Iām confident these are not bybs or puppy farm āsales peopleā
Iāve never agreed with paying for dogs except adoption fees and donations and I never thought Iād pay a respected breeder either to be honest.
They are a similar breed to Freya, sheās a British Olde Tyme bulldogge, these puppies are English Olde Tymes. Id registered with a site who only accepted licensed breeders and most were well outside my area or had no litter at the time.
I didnāt look for any breed of olde Tymes i put my choice as bulldogs but up they popped !
So after discussions on the phone and a first meet to come, I might soon have a furbaby!
Iām super excited but Iām taking my ex dog trainer with me , Iāve a good idea of what to look for in the pups and mothers but sheās much more knowledgeable than me.
The one thing I will be asking on here, is how the h*ll do you toilet train them. Thatās something Iāve never done other than with kittens but somehow I donāt think litter trays will work for puppies
At 10 months old Freya is the youngest dog Iāve ever had.







