Help Needed! FOOD DECISIONS>>>>>AM I doing the right thing

Bmcswain1

Apr 5, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zuri
Trying to research what is best for my little girl. She is 28 lbs 5 months old and feed her Fromm Puppy Heartland Gold Grain free. Just under 1 cup three times a day.

Where should I go from here? How long should I keep her on this food? When should I start mixing proteins? Which ones from Fromm? Or go with something else?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fromm is a great kibbleā€¦. They are high quality and you can easily move from flavor to flavor within the four star family.

I used to feed pork and peas and beef frittataā€¦. You should stay on puppy till at least 8 months then switch to one of the adult

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bmcswain1

Apr 5, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zuri
So stick with this Heartland Puppy and then at 8 months go to 4 star grain free and switch proteins? Continue switching through adulthood?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So stick with this Heartland Puppy and then at 8 months go to 4 star grain free and switch proteins? Continue switching through adulthood?

Yesā€¦. Once on an adult that works, you find the best one for them, you donā€™t have to switch, but the option is there for you as long as you stay in the 4 star grain free line

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Like Christine said you already got a good kibble. Maybe later on the adult kibble start adding toppers like Raw liver, heart etc.. cut them up in little 1/4 cup portions, freeze them n add one a day to one of the meal. Yes feed it raw. Loaded of vitamins, probiotics n great for the gut n immune system.

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
i believe the Fromm 4-Star line is also an All Life Stages food (can be fed from puppy thru adult)

OP
B

Bmcswain1

Apr 5, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zuri
Thank you all for the advice. What are your thoughts on NUVET Plus? What about Goats Milk with the kibble? Either worth doing?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you all for the advice. What are your thoughts on NUVET Plus? What about Goats Milk with the kibble? Either worth doing?

Goatā€™s unpasteurized milk is the best. Doubt you can get some unless you personally know a farmerā€¦.. If you give regular goats milk donā€™t mix it with the kibble. Give it on its own between meals. A few members uses Nuvet. Other members can tell you more on NuVet. I personally donā€™t use it as my dogs are on a raw diet. They donā€™t need extra supplements.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I use raw goatā€™s milk daily for my too.... primal and answers both have a great product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.