Emergency room

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
His current go to is the very sad eyes, I am sure that will quickly move to the stink eye. I do think we both have a giggle together when I pick him up from my apartment across the court yard to his favorite bush so he can go to the bathroom, pretty sure he thinks it's ridiculous but he enjoys the ride.

Crabcake sure hit the MAMA JACKPOT! Your love comes through in all of your posts! Prayers and big bully hugs coming your way!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
OP
C

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
Crabcake sure hit the MAMA JACKPOT! Your love comes through in all of your posts! Prayers and big bully hugs coming your way!

haha, still looking for his mama, but thank you that is very sweet

We have carved out a ton of comfortable (expensive) blankets for his crate so he is getting a lot of sleep. When we go outside to go to the bathroom he seems to have a lot of energy, but I don't let him do absolutely anything else but go outside and immediately back inside the crate. Even if the vet recommends 4-6 weeks, I think I am going to just take the advice of this forum and go the full 8 weeks. After that, think I am going to block off the couch and bed. He is a crazy bulldog and normally really likes flying around the house, but unfortunately this might have caused his current condition. My real hope is that he can go back eventually to the way things were before :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

We have carved out a ton of comfortable (expensive) blankets for his crate so he is getting a lot of sleep. When we go outside to go to the bathroom he seems to have a lot of energy, but I don't let him do absolutely anything else but go outside and immediately back inside the crate. Even if the vet recommends 4-6 weeks, I think I am going to just take the advice of this forum and go the full 8 weeks. After that, think I am going to block off the couch and bed. He is a crazy bulldog and normally really likes flying around the house, but unfortunately this might have caused his current condition. My real hope is that he can go back eventually to the way things were before :(

Lambeau was just diagnosed with a similar vertebrae issue... no down stairs or jumping... which when the spaz attack hits.. jumping is his favorite energy release.

Keep us posted and I agree with going the full 8 weeks... a pain, but will be worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
Here are some pics of my best buddy

C5486A4A-D9DF-403C-BD10-9F2BBE53E5A2.jpeg

FBA7C0A3-C540-4AB2-B53E-18C21AED63EC.jpeg

A0B8EB43-96D2-4E65-997A-72B6EADBB2E7.jpeg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sorry that [MENTION=16802]crabcake[/MENTION] is not feeling well. He sure is handsome! It will be a hard go, but stick to the recommended rest and it will all be worth it-though definitely not easy!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Ohhhhhhhh Daddy jackpot then! 😂

OP
C

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
We got a check up with the vet today. It was tough to keep him calm because he gets so darn excited to see everyone. He had a good check up, his weight has maintained despite lack of exercise. The next step my vet said was to try to prepare for when he’s out of the crate, buy some steps for him to get on the couch and bed, stop throwing balls for him to chase on the kitchen floor, and switch to a harness.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a harness? My guy is a little on the small side for bulldogs at only 42 lbs.

Happy new year to all.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO Y'ALL, GREAT START WITH CRABCAKE'S GOOD REPORT :)

I'M SO HAPPY FOR Y'ALL & PRAY FOR CONTINUED PROGRESSION TO WELLNESS.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We got a check up with the vet today. It was tough to keep him calm because he gets so darn excited to see everyone. He had a good check up, his weight has maintained despite lack of exercise. The next step my vet said was to try to prepare for when he’s out of the crate, buy some steps for him to get on the couch and bed, stop throwing balls for him to chase on the kitchen floor, and switch to a harness.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a harness? My guy is a little on the small side for bulldogs at only 42 lbs.

Happy new year to all.

We use the easy walker harness... many here use the Julius K9.... [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] what is the one you have

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
We use the easy walker harness... many here use the Julius K9.... [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] what is the one you have

Jax uses the easy walk harness I believe. From what I know, the Julius K9 is on the heavier side so it would probably be best to not use that. I have a Ruffwear harness for Louie.

OP
C

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
Hi everyone wanted to post an update and thank you for all your help. We have 3 weeks to go before Crabcake is able to be freed from his crate. It is so difficult to see his frustration with being trapped but I’m hoping that is an encouraging sign that he is improving. When going outside for the bathroom I haven’t detected a limp for over 2 weeks now. I have started giving him lots of rub downs right outside of his cage which he can’t get enough of.

I have some plans for how to make things better for his overall health in three weeks.

1) change from a collar to a harness
2) purchase steps for the couch and bed
3) no throwing balls on the hard wood floor

One of my friends also suggested a chiropractor. This seemed very strange to me but I told her I would ask the bulldog community if anyone has any success with this.

Any other suggestions for what to improve?

Members online

No members online now.