helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I buy frozen ground patties and it gets defrosted before eaten. Frozen green bison tripe too. I'm a vegetarian so that's as good as it's going to get. I don't want to see body parts lol.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's basically what happened..part of frozen patty got stuck. They will be cut in 8ths now especially the tripe as that sticks.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
That's basically what happened..part of frozen patty got stuck. They will be cut in 8ths now especially the tripe as that sticks.

Ohhh, I see. I thought you were giving whole parts as I know some people do that. So what I do is mix up 2 weeks worth of food into containers and throw in freezer. Then each day pull out two to defrost. I break up the meat so when he gets it, it's not frozen or in chunks. And I kind of slush it down in the bowl which slows him down.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ohhh, I see. I thought you were giving whole parts as I know some people do that. So what I do is mix up 2 weeks worth of food into containers and throw in freezer. Then each day pull out two to defrost. I break up the meat so when he gets it, it's not frozen or in chunks. And I kind of slush it down in the bowl which slows him down.

Mine are already in patties of about 5 in diameter ans 1/2"thick

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh Geez that is scary, Thank Goodness you were there when it happened. I'm glad he's okay. Have you tried one of those slow feeding bowls , to see if it helps him to slower? I would cut up his meals into smaller pieces from now on as well. That would have scared me as well.

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Oh my, Duke certainly keeps you on your toes. That is so scary. Thank God for were right there. Poor you. I think you need a break.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] I will be looking into that bowl. Saw some spiral but not sure if its good or not. There are so mant out there. I did buy him a porcelain ball, doesn't really do the job.
[MENTION=11758]Kalyn[/MENTION]...what's a break? :D

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Wow! You did awesome girl!
Glad you were close enough to save your little trouble maker...and didn't panic.
Thank you for being a GREAT BULLY MOM!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow! You did awesome girl!
Glad you were close enough to save your little trouble maker...and didn't panic.
Thank you for being a GREAT BULLY MOM!

That's one thing I never do is panic on the outside lol. I panic from the inside 200% for 2 seconds and then jump into the situation immediately. Yes so glad I was there. Man I swear this squirt keeps me on my toes.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
@Vikinggirl I will be looking into that bowl. Saw some spiral but not sure if its good or not. There are so mant out there. I did buy him a porcelain ball, doesn't really do the job.
@Kalyn...what's a break? :D

i don't have any experience with the slow feeder bowls, but have heard good things about them, also it helps if you raise the bowls a little, you can get a bowl holder that is raised.

A Break is a Vacation.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
i don't have any experience with the slow feeder bowls, but have heard good things about them, also it helps if you raise the bowls a little, you can get a bowl holder that is raised.

A Break is a Vacation.

Hi Helene, here is some pictures of slow feeder bowls and different types of raised feeder holders.
You can find them at Petsmart or on Amazon, some of the brands are Kong, JWow and Top Paw, or OutBound Hound.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 60
OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] I already have the bowls raised. I will look into the spiral one. Read up on them.
Bowl.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Just out of curiosity, is there a "rule" on how high a raised bowl should be? I have raised bowls but their not super high.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Just out of curiosity, is there a "rule" on how high a raised bowl should be? I have raised bowls but their not super high.sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont use very elevated bowls. The bottom portion is probably like about 2-3" from the floor. Dogs are structure to eat from the ground level. It's a proven fact for LARGE breed only NEVER use elevated bowls. They can bloat! If you have a dog with health issues like back issues, well you might not have a choice to use elevated bowls. Now for SMALLER breeds some will say no problem, I still believe not too high from the ground. People basically use elevated bowls cause it keeps the area clean. Nothing is wrong putting the bowl on tbe floor. Better for your pet's health. My 2 cents

Members online

No members online now.