Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ozzie (owned by a close friend) is staying with us for a few days. We have to pick up everything in our house that could be eaten...no matter what it is. We were visiting him at his home a few years back and when we left I was missing a sock. About 2 months later, he puked it up. How does that sock survive the stomach acid for 2 months? How did Ozzie survive for 2 months?
I remember getting a text with a pic and caption...
"missing something?"
...begs the question,
What pleasure could any Bulldog(any dog, any animal) get from swallowing a dirty sock?
Those were my questions too! I had brought home two ā€œpullā€ toys made up of these fabrics intertwined which are supposed to be a safe alternative to rope toys. Louie literally ate one and it sat in his stomach for 2 months. What Iā€™m the world possesses them to eat such things!!

Hereā€™s the photo and it took me awhile to figure out what it was and then it popped in my head. They unraveled at some point while in his stomach. I immediately threw the other one away.

Attachments

• F58264F2-E3C5-4059-8B1D-D57034B069B1.png
    F58264F2-E3C5-4059-8B1D-D57034B069B1.png
    754 KB · Views: 88

BubbLeeā€™s mom

Feb 16, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BubbLee aka Bubbs
Well, my smart boy stole a large plum and ate the whole thing. I am concerned about the stone that we are pretty sure he ate too. I have not experienced anything like this before so what do I need to look out for, apart from the obvious when he goes outside. Arghhh!
one of my bullies, Jiggles, ate a corn cob some years ago. It took a few days, but it passed in chunks. Not pretty and Iā€™m sure there was some discomfort for him, but he smiled when he was done. E0E833DE-C8CA-42AE-972E-7441ACECFBCC.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.