Tammytelford1986

Aug 3, 2015
Country
Nottinghamshire
Bulldog(s) Names
Skye
Hi everyone I would love your advice. My bitch was born with a bold patch on her side which the vet was never worried about. Later on I bread her and she took but reabsorbed, then she started to get bold patches a couple of months later . The vet said it was hormonal. All the hair has grown back apart from one bit near the bald but she was born with. She is back in season and my stud dog owner has told me that hormonal hair loss is linked to reproductive problems and she might reabsord everytime. Has anyone been in the same situation? Thank

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi, I am sorry but I don't have any experience with this so I can only offer my thoughts. I personally would not breed if she was born with a bald patch or has had seasonal flank alopecia, expecially if it has happened more than once. Many dams blow thier coats during heat cycles or after having a litter of puppies, so yes that is normal hormonal stuff. From what you are describing it sounds like it is a bit more than that.

Perhaps she is lacking a vitamin or mineral in her system? You could try NuVet plus to see if it helps, as well as melatonin. NuVet is money back guarantee so it would not hurt to try it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, I think she has something else going on. Seasonal alopecia if they get it every once in awhile, I wouldn't worry about breeding, but with yours being born with a bald spot, I would be too worried that might be passed down, so I would not breed her.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online