Vabulldog

Nov 11, 2015
Richmond, Va.
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Our 7-month-old puppy spends a little time here and a little time there, lays down, moves, gets up, lays back down, comes to smell my feet, gets pet, goes and lays down, moves, lays down again. Is this normal? I'm usually on the couch that has carpet underneath it. He tends to go and plop down where there is just flooring. I'm guessing it's cooler there. I see bulldogs sleeping on beds, blankets, and in laps all the time so I can't imagine he's sooooo hot he can't stand it. He's not panting during any of this. It just seems like he can't' find the perfect spot to lay down. I'd describe it all as restless.

What are your thoughts/experiences? Is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
He will do what he wants to do! We have wood or tile floors so we bought carpeting runners so Buster wouldn't slip or slide as much. What does he do? He walks along the side of them on the slippery floor! SMH!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Our 7-month-old puppy spends a little time here and a little time there, lays down, moves, gets up, lays back down, comes to smell my feet, gets pet, goes and lays down, moves, lays down again. Is this normal? I'm usually on the couch that has carpet underneath it. He tends to go and plop down where there is just flooring. I'm guessing it's cooler there. I see bulldogs sleeping on beds, blankets, and in laps all the time so I can't imagine he's sooooo hot he can't stand it. He's not panting during any of this. It just seems like he can't' find the perfect spot to lay down. I'd describe it all as restless.

What are your thoughts/experiences? Is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable?
My Ellie is like that, up and down, on and off the couch, lays here and there.

always been like that, they are funny little things

As long as all his systems are working normal (eating, pottying, playing)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
@Vabulldog , We are up the road from you in Maryland and the weather is hot right now. Our Cooper Boy likes laying on the cool tile in the bathroom or vinyl floor in the kitchen. I even get a portable fan out for Cooper as well. As Ellie's Mom @MFrey2012 stated eating, drinking, etc. all is well.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
@Vabulldog , We are up the road from you in Maryland and the weather is hot right now. Our Cooper Boy likes laying on the cool tile in the bathroom or vinyl floor in the kitchen. I even get a portable fan out for Cooper as well. As Ellie's Mom @MFrey2012 stated eating, drinking, etc. all is well.
I second the floor fan. The girls love sitting in front of them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Totally normal for them..... we have all hardwood floors on the 1st level of the home.... they can be on furniture, we even have an ottoman just for them, but during the day Lambeau enjoys just laying on the hardwood most days. However, at night usually around 7:30-8:30 he will get on the ottoman or sofa. Cheli is always on a rug or dog bed if not my lap

Members online

No members online now.