Help Needed! neutering recovery

Vhoas

Jul 9, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Good evening..

On Monday Lola had surgery at Walpole And Bingham (Known by a lot of bulldog owners in the UK)

She has dissolve-able stitches so the vet said she doesn't need to go back unless we spot anything wrong with the wound.

At the moment I can't see anything wrong except for a little bit of dry blood (Which I have been told is normal)

I had to give her stomach a very careful clean tonight because it was so dirty. I avoided the area around the wound.
We have carpet in our house which is probably causing the dirt build up.
I'm in the process of ripping it up and having laminate flooring.

Lola is a very active dog, and we are doing our best to stop her jumping on the sofa's and having her crazy hyper moments.
I have noticed that on the one side of her stomach (next to the wound) it feels swollen.

Is this normal?
She is in no pain or discomfort. She is her normal self.

She means the world to me, and I worry about everything when it comes to Lola.

Regards,

Tom

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I just had my Willow spayed a couple of months ago, and she behaved the EXACT same... jumping on furniture and acting insane. We had to lock her in her crate at times to get her to calm down, I was terrified she was going to rip her stitches out. According to my vet this is extremely normal... Lol

Try to keep Lola from hurting herself IF possible... I got marrow bones and put my pups in the crate to keep them entertained and calm. I didn't really have to clean the area, but just make sure there is no swelling or redness.

Good luck and we would love to see pics of your Lola...

OP
V

Vhoas

Jul 9, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I just had my Willow spayed a couple of months ago, and she behaved the EXACT same... jumping on furniture and acting insane. We had to lock her in her crate at times to get her to calm down, I was terrified she was going to rip her stitches out. According to my vet this is extremely normal... Lol

Try to keep Lola from hurting herself IF possible... I got marrow bones and put my pups in the crate to keep them entertained and calm. I didn't really have to clean the area, but just make sure there is no swelling or redness.

Good luck and we would love to see pics of your Lola...

Thanks for replying :)

Its a shame because you can tell she wants to play and go outside for a run and we can't let her do either..
Hopefully by the end of next week she will be okay to go for a walk.

The area isn't red, but next to the stitches (about 3-4 cm away from it) there's some swelling but I'm told this is normal?
I'm guessing its because of the surgery and what has been removed etc..

I'm a worrier when it comes to Lola, but its obvious that she is in no discomfort and she is pain free.
Keeping an eye on it anyway, it does look better than it did the other day.

She is eating and drinking fine as well. She hasn't had an upset stomach either.
I'm just worrying to much I guess :'D

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks for replying :)

Its a shame because you can tell she wants to play and go outside for a run and we can't let her do either..
Hopefully by the end of next week she will be okay to go for a walk.

The area isn't red, but next to the stitches (about 3-4 cm away from it) there's some swelling but I'm told this is normal?
I'm guessing its because of the surgery and what has been removed etc..

I'm a worrier when it comes to Lola, but its obvious that she is in no discomfort and she is pain free.
Keeping an eye on it anyway, it does look better than it did the other day.

She is eating and drinking fine as well. She hasn't had an upset stomach either.
I'm just worrying to much I guess :'D

Slight swelling is normal, just make sure there is no oozing or red streaks... that is signs of an infection. Believe me we are ALL worries on here... comes w/owning a bulldog... Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good evening..

On Monday Lola had surgery at Walpole And Bingham (Known by a lot of bulldog owners in the UK)

She has dissolve-able stitches so the vet said she doesn't need to go back unless we spot anything wrong with the wound.

At the moment I can't see anything wrong except for a little bit of dry blood (Which I have been told is normal)

I had to give her stomach a very careful clean tonight because it was so dirty. I avoided the area around the wound.
We have carpet in our house which is probably causing the dirt build up.
I'm in the process of ripping it up and having laminate flooring.

Lola is a very active dog, and we are doing our best to stop her jumping on the sofa's and having her crazy hyper moments.
I have noticed that on the one side of her stomach (next to the wound) it feels swollen.

Is this normal?
She is in no pain or discomfort. She is her normal self.

She means the world to me, and I worry about everything when it comes to Lola.

Regards,

Tom

:welcome3: to EBN!

Tracey has you covered... how is Lola doing today?

OP
V

Vhoas

Jul 9, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Sorry for not keeping you up to date.

I came home from work to find Lola had been scratching her
Stomach and chest and the wound was swollen..
she is suffering with allergies at the moment.

Been to the vets this morning and she has a slight infection so she
Is on antibiotics.

I’ve almost purchased laminate flooring for the living room.
I think the carpet is having an affect on her scratching aswell..

Regards,

Tom and Lola

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.