KNEE BRACE Recommendations for possible Torn ACL

Feb 9, 2020
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
Has anyone had their EB street from torn ACL?

The vet said a surgery may be needed. But iā€™m scared of my EB getting a surgery because Iā€™ve heard stories about bulldogs not waking up from surgery. Please kindly advise other options for those who have EBs that have torn ACL. Please thank you

Valid concernā€¦ make sure you have an bulldog experienced vet.. that is key. Many here have had the ack as well as other surgeries.. we are all always nervous and concerned but is some cases it is a necessity for quality of life.

There is a called ā€œmy petā€™s braceā€ out of Lancaster Pa. Check their website. I have no experience with braces but know they have good reviews

Sending healing prayers

Valid concernā€¦ make sure you have an bulldog experienced vet.. that is key. Many here have had the ack as well as other surgeries.. we are all always nervous and concerned but is some cases it is a necessity for quality of life.

There is a called ā€œmy petā€™s braceā€ out of Lancaster Pa. Check their website. I have no experience with braces but know they have good reviews

Sending healing prayers
Thank you so much!

Has anyone had their EB street from torn ACL?

The vet said a surgery may be needed. But iā€™m scared of my EB getting a surgery because Iā€™ve heard stories about bulldogs not waking up from surgery. Please kindly advise other options for those who have EBs that have torn ACL. Please thank you
Our Winston just had TPLO surgery for the same reason and heā€™s 6 weeks post surgery and going great ! Heā€™s 3 3/4 yrs old and we opted for surgery to eliminate his pain since heā€™s so young so far so good !

Last edited:
Our Winston just had TPLO surgery for the same reason and heā€™s 6 weeks post surgery and going great ! Heā€™s been not 3 3/4 and we opted for surgery to eliminate his pain since heā€™s so young so far do good !
thank you may i know how old he is? Mine is almost 5 in august. And how did you know that he was hurting? Was he crying and showing some signs that he was hurting? Thank you it will really help a lot

thank you may i know how old he is? Mine is almost 5 in august. And how did you know that he was hurting? Was he crying and showing some signs that he was hurting? Thank you it will really help a lot
Heā€™s almost 4 . We started noticing him favoring his left rear leg sometimes after playing hard he would limp then when he would lay on the couch and Iā€™d pet him on his hip leg area he would growl which is not like him. The limping got worse especially after laying down then getting up his leg would be stiff like an old man. We are seven weeks past surgery and heā€™s doing great good luck with whatever you decide

Heā€™s almost 4 . We started noticing him favoring his left rear leg sometimes after playing hard he would limp then when he would lay on the couch and Iā€™d pet him on his hip leg area he would growl which is not like him. The limping got worse especially after laying down then getting up his leg would be stiff like an old man. We are seven weeks past surgery and heā€™s doing great good luck with whatever you decide
Okay thank you so much. we have similar experience. you have no idea how much youā€™ve helped thanks so much

Okay thank you so much. we have similar experience. you have no idea how much youā€™ve helped thanks so much
Youā€™re so welcome hereā€™s a couple of pics he has to be completely confined to a small area for 8-12 weeks

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4218.jpeg
    IMG_4218.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Youā€™re so welcome hereā€™s a couple of pics he has to be completely confined to a small area for 8-12 weeks
Omg he is so cute!!! Thatā€™s perfect I
do have those barrier/crate where
I can confine mine. Thats so cute with the animal print brace lol!! He looks amazing right now! I will save the photos for reference in the future if I am going surgery route. Thank you so much for the help now I donā€™t feel so lost!

Omg he is so cute!!! Thatā€™s perfect I
do have those barrier/crate where
I can confine mine. Thats so cute with the animal print brace lol!! He looks amazing right now! I will save the photos for reference in the future if I am going surgery route. Thank you so much for the help now I donā€™t feel so lost!
Thank you !

Thank you !
I will say this tho TPLO surgery is a hard surgery and has many specific directions you must follow once complete to be successful the first two weeks are really tough but in the end it eliminates the need for those tendons and is better long term

Members online

No members online now.
Back