Bella needs your help. Allergies or ???

Fury

Feb 4, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Fury
My sweet Bella is very uncomfortable these past 24-48 hours.

Not sure if she is having really bad allergies or something else.

Her tail pocket started bothering her the most and has some reddish brown gunk every time I clean it with medicated wipes - every few hours - it doesnā€™t appear to be blood.

Then her face started to get a bit red and inflamed.

Her paws and belly color seems irritated.

She did go to the park earlier this evening and we now live in Arkansas which has really bad pollen right now.

I called the urgent care but there is a 4-6 hour wait since only 1 doctor at the moment. I plan to take her in the morning since she is finally resting and sleeping.

Her diet is home cooked similar to farmerā€™s dog. No kibble. Raw diet did not go well with her tummy.

Currently - Benedryl and Zyrtec have not help.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Are the allergy shots worth it? The vet said Cytopoint wonā€™t help.

THANK YOU

Attachments

• IMG_9966.jpeg
    IMG_9966.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9969.jpeg
    IMG_9969.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9972.jpeg
    IMG_9972.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Ever heard of Quercetin? I personally use it for myself.
As most knows on the EBN, Iā€™m no fan of any shots as at the end of the day itā€™s chemicals. Yes, sometimes are hands are tied but imo, thereā€™s good alternatives on the natural side to be looked into.

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpeg
    IMG_1374.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
My sweet Bella is very uncomfortable these past 24-48 hours.

Not sure if she is having really bad allergies or something else.

Her tail pocket started bothering her the most and has some reddish brown gunk every time I clean it with medicated wipes - every few hours - it doesnā€™t appear to be blood.

Then her face started to get a bit red and inflamed.

Her paws and belly color seems irritated.

She did go to the park earlier this evening and we now live in Arkansas which has really bad pollen right now.

I called the urgent care but there is a 4-6 hour wait since only 1 doctor at the moment. I plan to take her in the morning since she is finally resting and sleeping.

Her diet is home cooked similar to farmerā€™s dog. No kibble. Raw diet did not go well with her tummy.

Currently - Benedryl and Zyrtec have not help.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Are the allergy shots worth it? The vet said Cytopoint wonā€™t help.

THANK YOU
Poor girl - have you tried a bath to clear anything from her park visit? I would try that and Benadryl as often as allowed to see if it calms things down until you get her into the vet. I think I would spare the expense of the emergency vet as long as she's eating, drinking, breathing well but that's just me. Good luck!! I'm sorry!

As most knows on the EBN, Iā€™m no fan of any shots as at the end of the day itā€™s chemicals. Yes, sometimes are hands are tied but imo, thereā€™s good alternatives on the natural side to be looked into.

Thank you very much!! Never heard of it but definitely will try it. Thank you.

Thank you very much!! Never heard of it but definitely will try it. Thank you.
Iā€™ve also used quercetin for muse and pups. We did use Cytopoint for many years with Lambeau and it worked really well for him.

I would have wiped her down after being outside.. I did it with a few of our bulldogs after yard time due to environmental allergies. We did allergy shot for a few years with Nitschke and never saw any change for him

hello ole friends :) Thhis caught my eye and wanted to have it (well I do have "it" ) but I have no memory of how to use it for dogs :) so for a 35lb bulldog how much and how often if they seem to have an *itch* ... Thanks as always, I do love it here just pop in less as time permits :)

hello ole friends :) Thhis caught my eye and wanted to have it (well I do have "it" ) but I have no memory of how to use it for dogs :) so for a 35lb bulldog how much and how often if they seem to have an *itch* ... Thanks as always, I do love it here just pop in less as time permits :)
Adults is 1-2 caps per day. I would ā€œstartā€ with 1/4 TEAspoon per day. You can up it later to 1/2.

Members online

No members online now.
Back