It’s me again. Louise and Chief’s mom- asking about car seats!

TxMom2

Member
Joined
May 1, 2022
Messages
89
Reaction score
96
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Louise and Chief
I loaded my pups 🐶 up today to take them to the vet, and it was the first time since the day we brought them home that Chief has been in a vehicle. He has Grown SO MUCH. And he’s so strong/strong willed, that he was ALL OVER THE CAR. 😆 I tried to keep him and Louise secluded to one spot in the front seat to keep them contained and comfortable but he is so curious and stubborn lol
We got to the vet only to realize that their appointments are actually tomorrow 🤪
It was a practice run. 🏃‍♀️
I have searched on Amazon for dog car seats and being that I have 2 full size human car seats in the back, I was thinking I may need to get them a shared car seat for the front seat? Or put 1 dog car seat in the middle of my kids and 1 front seat dog car seat? What do you all think? I can tell Chief will be a larger bulldog because of his large paws (and being 20 lbs, 5 lbs over his sister who’s a month older) and Louise a little on the smaller side. I have a Toyota Camry car so I don’t have rows. I would like to take them with us if we travel on vacation or a road trip to see family, So I want to get something that can stay and they’ll be able to use for years to come.
 

Attachments

  • 761D7F8F-96B8-4A5F-9E6B-6A6B58621D3F.webp
    761D7F8F-96B8-4A5F-9E6B-6A6B58621D3F.webp
    218.7 KB · Views: 212
  • FE7A71E6-1DFE-486D-894D-C959714903F2.webp
    FE7A71E6-1DFE-486D-894D-C959714903F2.webp
    269.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 0BBABB90-DB04-4C47-8809-9E244A8DCE44.webp
    0BBABB90-DB04-4C47-8809-9E244A8DCE44.webp
    202.1 KB · Views: 203
  • B5C66ED8-8E94-4B4B-B2E2-AB869E48A1B5.webp
    B5C66ED8-8E94-4B4B-B2E2-AB869E48A1B5.webp
    181.1 KB · Views: 202
  • B964DC22-A77C-4D47-AD06-4756842EDF43.webp
    B964DC22-A77C-4D47-AD06-4756842EDF43.webp
    1 MB · Views: 183
  • 7DCC2C69-857A-48FD-95B0-E6537B522AB0.webp
    7DCC2C69-857A-48FD-95B0-E6537B522AB0.webp
    978.4 KB · Views: 202
  • CDE0F39F-87A1-4851-ADB3-4A5F735CC6E0.webp
    CDE0F39F-87A1-4851-ADB3-4A5F735CC6E0.webp
    366.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 7ECC5934-6501-4542-92B6-9D1C0B32337B.webp
    7ECC5934-6501-4542-92B6-9D1C0B32337B.webp
    206.5 KB · Views: 186
  • FAF8E785-A0BB-41D2-A11B-DC3509659D72.webp
    FAF8E785-A0BB-41D2-A11B-DC3509659D72.webp
    188 KB · Views: 227
  • D50B8DFA-9481-41D6-A11C-E40873C21B6F.webp
    D50B8DFA-9481-41D6-A11C-E40873C21B6F.webp
    956.4 KB · Views: 204
  • E09CF2E9-7F20-4454-B275-6438E2403D29.webp
    E09CF2E9-7F20-4454-B275-6438E2403D29.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
  • 661E8C4C-83DF-4D24-8353-C835BAA94284.webp
    661E8C4C-83DF-4D24-8353-C835BAA94284.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 196
Last edited:
I had snoozer car sits for my bullies when they were small.
snoozer.jpg
They loved them. When they outgrew them(I had the largest size) I brought the seats in the house, and they used them for day-beds until the seats wore out. My dogs wear harness, and I bought seatbelts that the car seat belt snaps into the place where you fasten your belt.. the other end clips on the harness loop.The doggie seat belts are cheap and work well. @texasmomof2
Hope Louise is doing better.:pray:
 

Attachments

  • dog seat belt.webp
    dog seat belt.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
I had snoozer car sits for my bullies when they were small.View attachment 122790They loved them. When they outgrew them(I had the largest size) I brought the seats in the house, and they used them for day-beds until the seats wore out. My dogs wear harness, and I bought seatbelts that the car seat belt snaps into the place where you fasten your belt.. the other end clips on the harness loop.The doggie seat belts are cheap and work well. @texasmomof2
Hope Louise is doing better.:pray:
Oh wow I never knew they made those! Thank you so much. She is still congested and coughs throughout the day but I’ve found she actually does better not taking the breathing treatments. We see the vet tomorrow. She’s eating/drinking/playing/ barking at the broom like crazy so she’s definitely acting better!
 
I loaded my pups 🐶 up today to take them to the vet, and it was the first time since the day we brought them home that Chief has been in a vehicle. He has Grown SO MUCH. And he’s so strong/strong willed, that he was ALL OVER THE CAR. 😆 I tried to keep him and Louise secluded to one spot in the front seat to keep them contained and comfortable but he is so curious and stubborn lol
We got to the vet only to realize that their appointments are actually tomorrow 🤪
It was a practice run. 🏃‍♀️
I have searched on Amazon for dog car seats and being that I have 2 full size human car seats in the back, I was thinking I may need to get them a shared car seat for the front seat? Or put 1 dog car seat in the middle of my kids and 1 front seat dog car seat? What do you all think? I can tell Chief will be a larger bulldog because of his large paws (and being 20 lbs, 5 lbs over his sister who’s a month older) and Louise a little on the smaller side. I have a Toyota Camry car so I don’t have rows. I would like to take them with us if we travel on vacation or a road trip to see family, So I want to get something that can stay and they’ll be able to use for years to come.


I just got one of my dogs(a french Bulldog) a car seat, it’s the Kurgo car seat.

He loves it!

It clips on his harness and he is happy, he loves it, he can lay in it. And he can’t get out. It goes around the seat and also seatbelt also secures it.

Keep us updated on how tomorrow vet appointment goes!😊
I will attach photo if it.
1654142827270.webp


1654142848066.webp

1654142873987.webp

1654142895404.webp
 
Your right a Bulldog is a hefty dog, I traveled hrs at a time with my boy and they loved it. But remember it is dangerous not to concern yourself about what could happen in an accident to either one of you. Because the bully is so heavy he or she needs to be as tight to the seat as possible. My bullies are and were big dogs, at over 95 lbs and 70 lbs they are a lot to handle so I didn't want to worry about what was going on behind me. The best and most comfortable setup I found was a vest harness that I was able to fasten to the seat belt area. The only other thing I want to mention is bullies get hotter than the average dog, because of the short snout.
As much as three times hotter than you or me so keep in mind strapping them in on a warm day with a vest may add to that. This is the vest and I also included the website I found the information that led me to make the purchase. Good luck. stay safe

SleepyPod click it sport Plus utility harness
Sleepypod.com
www.Centerforpetsafety.org
 
Buster's harness has a handle and I thread the seat belt through that. It holds him securely and he can lay down. Of course, I only have one dog to worry about! I think if you can do one in the front and one in the back, that may be the best way to go.
 
Your right a Bulldog is a hefty dog, I traveled hrs at a time with my boy and they loved it. But remember it is dangerous not to concern yourself about what could happen in an accident to either one of you. Because the bully is so heavy he or she needs to be as tight to the seat as possible. My bullies are and were big dogs, at over 95 lbs and 70 lbs they are a lot to handle so I didn't want to worry about what was going on behind me. The best and most comfortable setup I found was a vest harness that I was able to fasten to the seat belt area. The only other thing I want to mention is bullies get hotter than the average dog, because of the short snout.
As much as three times hotter than you or me so keep in mind strapping them in on a warm day with a vest may add to that. This is the vest and I also included the website I found the information that led me to make the purchase. Good luck. stay safe

SleepyPod click it sport Plus utility harness
Sleepypod.com
www.Centerforpetsafety.org
Thank you 😊
Yes I realize they get really hot, I’ve been cooling the car before I put them in and I can imagine it’s going to get worse on them the larger they get.
 
I don't think a car seat for a full grown bulldog is an option as they are just too big. Since you don't have an SUV to fit a crate, as others have suggested, I would go with the seatbelt harness that clips in.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top