I am certainly not downing the breeder I was going to originally go with but My gut tells me to stay away. I am going to get the black tri female. Her breeder has been very good about answering my questions. The puppyās parents have no medical issues in History & The puppy also had a good checkup . She Feeds Biljack puppy kibble.. I am picking her up tomorrow evening and we follow up with my vet on Thursday... I didnāt think I would have a baby this soon, but now that the decision is made, I feel like a weight is lifted... we are super excited..
Holy cow do not feed her that horrible kibble. It has by-products n corn... Get higher end kibble like Acana
This is what sheās feed
Chicken, Chicken By-Products (organs only, source of arginine), Corn Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Oatmeal, Brewers Dried Yeast, Monocalcium Phosphate, Flaxseed, Salt, Menhaden Fish Meal, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, DL-Methionine, Sodium Propionate (a preservative), L-Lysine, Vitamin E ...
The Real Reason Dog Food Companies
Use Animal By-Products
Thereās one glaring and indisputable reason animal by-products remain so popular with some manufacturers⦠and not others.
Animal by-products are simply cheaper⦠notably cheaper than most any other comparable meat product. Theyāre used for making dog food because they save money. Not because theyāre more nutritious.
Why is this important to a pet food shopper?
Although finding animal by-products in a recipe doesnāt guarantee youāve discovered a good or a bad dog food, their presence must always be considered a reliable clue the food is made with cheaper ingredients.
The Bottom Line
With the sole exception of precisely identified organ meats, two rules will help you more intelligently navigate the confusing world of meat-based dog food ingredients.
First, watch what you spend. Never pay top dollar for any dog food that lists animal by-products on its label.
And lastly, never buy any dog food containing anonymous animal by-products sourced from materials a manufacturer refuses to clearly identify.