How does your bulldog get your attention?

How does your bulldog get your attention?

• Barks....

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Whines.....

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Scratches at you with paw....

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Jumps....

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lambeau and Cheli both start out with the stare... if that fails, they jump up on our lab and start pawing and staring until you respond.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, the burning a hole through you stare! My husband & I always joke and say "don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact" LOL

38b540154538d3e0b40db2394dc0f799.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lmaogirl::lmaogirl::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: How I LOVE that face!!!!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Nigel will whine at first and if I don't pay attention he'll upgrade to a bark and if I still don't listen his bark will get bossy and more gruff lol
I don't like for him to cry so I usually jump to it.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Bella does the stare (now drool too!) no sounds though, yet anyway!
If she doesn't get my attention she'll step on my lap! It hurts to have all that weight on my legs. I guess because it's so concentrated and I have bruises to prove it!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
All of the above...

If I am in bed it is the slow lick on the face ( Rosie )
If I am in bed the not so slow lick of the ear ( Megan )
If I am in the bed trying to ignore the bulldogs walking on various body parts left unnamed ( Odin )
If I am in bed and checking whats left of body parts spinning in circles at end of bed ( Nelli )
If I am still breathing in bed God Bless Willow she sits beside the bed and sort of smiles at Me !

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
these guys!!!! I just never knew! Hank, well, he does go through 'the process'... typical bulldog stuff. But he does win ;/ one way or another. they are thinkers and pout if they don't get what they think they want. so either way, we are going to be effected by their desires.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
1 nudges
3 whine
1 barks
1 doesn't need me at all

Mom of a bully girl

Aug 15, 2017
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Stella will either stare directly into your soul until you acknowledge her OR she will steal reading glasses off the coffee table and just walk around with them in her mouth

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I depends on what she wants.
If she wants me to play with her she'll put her (usually soaking wet toy, yuck) right on me and dare me to try and get it. No sound.
If she wants me to get her toy from under the couch, end table or nightstand (for the 100th time) she makes the loud chewbaca sound until I get it.
If she has to go potty unfortunately not a sound!!!! She'll go to the back door and sit quietly and if not noticed she'll poop right at the back door. She really seems to be potty trained as far as I am concerned since she does go to the back door. She has pooped there twice in the last 3-4 months. Now Just have to get her to alert me somehow. The others will come get me (almost like lassie lol) thought about hanging a bell but with four dogs I might be jingled out of my mind. lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If she wants me to play with her she'll put her (usually soaking wet toy, yuck) right on me and dare me to try and get it. No sound.
If she wants me to get her toy from under the couch, end table or nightstand (for the 100th time) she makes the loud chewbaca sound until I get it.
If she has to go potty unfortunately not a sound!!!! She'll go to the back door and sit quietly and if not noticed she'll poop right at the back door. She really seems to be potty trained as far as I am concerned since she does go to the back door. She has pooped there twice in the last 3-4 months. Now Just have to get her to alert me somehow. The others will come get me (almost like lassie lol) thought about hanging a bell but with four dogs I might be jingled out of my mind. lol

Duke doesn't say much either. But the only way I see he needs to go is timing. An hour or so after his breakfast, rarely after lunch, after supper n before bed. He goes at least 3x per day. But in the house I notice he starts walking in and out of the kitchen as back door is there. Or he'll look at me. Im sure there's a sign she gives you.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke doesn't say much either. But the only way I see he needs to go is timing. An hour or so after his breakfast, rarely after lunch, after supper n before bed. He goes at least 3x per day. But in the house I notice he starts walking in and out of the kitchen as back door is there. Or he'll look at me. Im sure there's a sign she gives you.

lol I am sure she is. Just need her talk to me like Lassie!
When I do notice she just runs with a mission to the back door. If I am busy and not paying attention is when she has done it. AGIAN not her fault I know mine since she has gone to the back door at least! Maybe I could teach her to open it??!!??
Tyson opens the door himself to get in (pretty much everyday) and Sadie will close it if I ask her too!
Have to work on Bella!:)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Both my guys go to the back door as well and usually just sit there.

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Dozer just paws me usually once. He has me well trained. He is not very vocal unless I ask him if he wants to go to Walmart. Then he dances and cries for me to hurry. LOL Best dog EVER!

FablesMomma

Apr 19, 2018
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fable
Fable will bark for me during the day, he does this big boy 'Woof Woof'. And he will take his paw and smack me. Sorta like a high five, but less organized. lol. At bed time though-his bark changes, he does a little 'bark bark' followed by a 'wooo woooo wooo wooo' noise. The barks are to let me know hes ready for bed, and the 'wooo wooos' are to let me know that I need to hurry up and put him beside me in the bed because hes tired. LOL.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.