English Bulldog Puppy Coat Question

SinCityBully

Jul 19, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Iā€™m curious to what kind of coat my puppy has. His Dad Was a Lilac Tri and Mother a Fawn/white. His Fathers owner said he was a Sable but I clearly see 3 colors. Is he a sable or Tri?

Attachments

• BC722FE5-6C49-4ED1-88F5-22D8E2DABA40.jpeg
    BC722FE5-6C49-4ED1-88F5-22D8E2DABA40.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 173
  • 37F7D2A9-18F9-4C5F-9EA0-467E52CEAA96.jpeg
    37F7D2A9-18F9-4C5F-9EA0-467E52CEAA96.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 174

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
He is adorable!!
I am sure you will get answers shortly!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Iā€™m curious to what kind of coat my puppy has. His Dad Was a Lilac Tri and Mother a Fawn/white. His Fathers owner said he was a Sable but I clearly see 3 colors. Is he a sable or Tri?

Lilac n btw, like your Bella [MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION]

Iā€™ll send the photo to a friend. Thatā€™s what she breeds...colours

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilac n btw, like your Bella [MENTION=16776]Hceril[/MENTION]

Iā€™ll send the photo to a friend. Thatā€™s what she breeds...colours

Itā€™s funny her color definitely looks different in different lighting. Have heard lilac and also sable from different people. When she was a puppy she almost always looked lilac now not as much. But we love her just the same!!! Lol
A1E14EAF-B647-496D-B96E-A3FD54BC563F.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Exactly!!! Doesnā€™t matter what the colour is. They are all beautiful.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Looks like sable and white to me but I'm no expert. Tris tend to have more distinct color differences, IMO.
Some breeders of these designer colors tend to claim a color that is in demand and will bring in the most $.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Finally got a response lol..she said heā€™s a seal tri. To know if heā€™s a clean cut tri he would need to see him standing up. The colours are broken down from the photos.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Finally got a response lol..she said heā€™s a seal tri. To know if heā€™s a clean cut tri he would need to see him standing up. The colours are broken down from the photos.
Thatā€™s one I have never heard! What does she say about Bella? Maybe you could ask?!? Lol

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thatā€™s one I have never heard! What does she say about Bella? Maybe you could ask?!? Lol

I did a little research and found this. Any thoughts? (I know that just because itā€™s on the internet it doesnā€™t make it true!) lol. It was stated they is was for French bulldogs.
24414ECA-9B82-4CD9-80D3-4B51BADAC447.jpeg
I just noticed Bellaā€™s eye reflection.
FCE982AC-885F-44F7-BF44-0071AA33BBA6.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I did a little research and found this. Any thoughts? (I know that just because itā€™s on the internet it doesnā€™t make it true!) lol. It was stated they is was for French bulldogs.
View attachment 113479
I just noticed Bellaā€™s eye reflection.
View attachment 113480

She said for her to say anything right the dog needs to be standing up so she can see also the chest n under as colours if they are ā€œbreakupā€ can be under another colour. Idk Iā€™m just saying what I understood. I think lolll. It does also go with eye colour. But like she said, to know what any dog is, they should have a dna done before selling them to customers. She said [MENTION=18470]SinCityBully[/MENTION] has a beautiful head structure. I know and understand n respect others opinions on breeders are just doing colour for money. Again this is MY opinion, we canā€™t put everyone in the same boat. Most colour breeders are shady as we say but you will have the rare ones that will think of their dogs and do it the proper way. It takes like 8-10 generations of a specific pup to their pupā€™s pupā€™s for them or just one to be considered as a specific colour. Example all English bulldogs to be what they are today has/had all bully breeds in them. Took generations for it to become officially an EB. Well same in colours. You canā€™t mix Merle to Merle or pied to pied etc. you need to do a dna on the selected parents before breeding them together to find out if both are carriers of same colour gene...crap I hope I said this right or explained it right as it gets sooooooo confusing!!! Doesnā€™t mean all Merleā€™s out there will die earlier cause they are Merleā€™s. I know a few furball parents their Merle dogs are over 10. We canā€™t stick to how everything was done 100yrs ago (except for food!). Itā€™s ā€œevolutionā€ plain n simple. A bit like Duke and his vasectomy. Some members kinda threw the book at me cause they are so against vasectomies and how itā€™s not good for any dogs etc etc...Duke is fine, healthy, doesnā€™t hump. Heā€™ll smell Nyala ā€˜s butt once in a while or pees over her pee, pees leg up or down...hey heā€™s a male..they all do male stuff. So all this to say....get a dna of your future pup to find out colours, find a proper breeder n think out of the box...

Send me a standup full shot of bella.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She said for her to say anything right the dog needs to be standing up so she can see also the chest n under as colours if they are ā€œbreakupā€ can be under another colour. Idk Iā€™m just saying what I understood. I think lolll. It does also go with eye colour. But like she said, to know what any dog is, they should have a dna done before selling them to customers. She said [MENTION=18470]SinCityBully[/MENTION] has a beautiful head structure. I know and understand n respect others opinions on breeders are just doing colour for money. Again this is MY opinion, we canā€™t put everyone in the same boat. Most colour breeders are shady as we say but you will have the rare ones that will think of their dogs and do it the proper way. It takes like 8-10 generations of a specific pup to their pupā€™s pupā€™s for them or just one to be considered as a specific colour. Example all English bulldogs to be what they are today has/had all bully breeds in them. Took generations for it to become officially an EB. Well same in colours. You canā€™t mix Merle to Merle or pied to pied etc. you need to do a dna on the selected parents before breeding them together to find out if both are carriers of same colour gene...crap I hope I said this right or explained it right as it gets sooooooo confusing!!! Doesnā€™t mean all Merleā€™s out there will die earlier cause they are Merleā€™s. I know a few furball parents their Merle dogs are over 10. We canā€™t stick to how everything was done 100yrs ago (except for food!). Itā€™s ā€œevolutionā€ plain n simple. A bit like Duke and his vasectomy. Some members kinda threw the book at me cause they are so against vasectomies and how itā€™s not good for any dogs etc etc...Duke is fine, healthy, doesnā€™t hump. Heā€™ll smell Nyala ā€˜s butt once in a while or pees over her pee, pees leg up or down...hey heā€™s a male..they all do male stuff. So all this to say....get a dna of your future pup to find out colours, find a proper breeder n think out of the box...

Send me a standup full shot of bella.

Well my male was neutered and he does still mark over the other dogs spots (they are e all females) and he will try and hump them occasionally. Funny thing is that Bella will try and hump more than he does. She goes after my hubby the most and sometimes the kids friends. Hardly ever me.
Like I said it doesnā€™t matter at all as I wouldnā€™t trade her for the world! I am just curios.
Will these do?
B770D2C1-F51A-4D4E-B6D9-E6623DB54F72.jpeg
C3A79664-B391-4B55-B28B-378BC4588BA0.jpeg
559F6F11-2026-4973-8380-84BFC3DB2B18.jpeg

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.