Puppy Food Questions

Lilmaximo

Jun 1, 2024
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Hello Everyone!

I have a 6 month old English bulldog. I was just wondering what you guys feed your own little puppies?

I am currently on Purina Pro Plan for the sensitive stomach formula. Which I want to transition him out of and switch him to something else.

Iā€™ve been trying to do research and I really donā€™t want to do Royal Cains. I bought a small bag of Taste of the Wild High Praire Bison-Venison version. I gave him a few pieces and he seems to like it.

Just curious as to what you guys feed your own English bulldog puppies. Thank you!

i fed that line of proplan for a while and I gotta say, Millie did pretty great on it.

We are now feeding ā€œopen farm wild caught salmon & ancient grains recipeā€ and both girls are thriving on it.

I also add some stuffā€¦ I let the food soak with 1:1 (by volume) near boiling water for 10 minutes before I feed, at which point I mix in brilliant salmon oil, mushroom matrix skin and coat, and Flora4. The temperature of the water helps it soak in faster. The girls donā€™t drink much the rest of the day.

Attachments

• IMG_3373.jpeg
    IMG_3373.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
If you read the food threads on EBN , you will notice health, especially skin issues is mostly from what the owner feeds their dogs. Never fails, 3/4 (if not more)of the time, Royal Canin n Science Hill will be mentioned. IMO, totally to be avoid. Also, not a big fan of any Purina products. But thatā€™s me, I avoid any products that has the possibility to harm my dogā€™s health.

If you read the food threads on EBN , you will notice health, especially skin issues is mostly from what the owner feeds their dogs. Never fails, 3/4 (if not more)of the time, Royal Canin n Science Hill will be mentioned. IMO, totally to be avoid. Also, not a big fan of any Purina products. But thatā€™s me, I avoid any products that has the possibility to harm my dogā€™s health.
Thank you! I appreciate your opinion! And thatā€™s what I like to hear. I want to hear from the sources of fellow bulldog owners first hand on what they feed their little puppies/pups. Thatā€™s why I want to hear from you guys on products they use so I can try to avoid. Thank you for your comment! I appreciate your insight! Please let me know if thereā€™s any other things I can do or avoid to help give my pup the best long puppy life.

i fed that line of proplan for a while and I gotta say, Millie did pretty great on it.

We are now feeding ā€œopen farm wild caught salmon & ancient grains recipeā€ and both girls are thriving on it.

I also add some stuffā€¦ I let the food soak with 1:1 (by volume) near boiling water for 10 minutes before I feed, at which point I mix in brilliant salmon oil, mushroom matrix skin and coat, and Flora4. The temperature of the water helps it soak in faster. The girls donā€™t drink much the rest of the day.
Thank you! Do you also add native products?

Heā€™s very young. Transition into a food you are comfortable with, that he does well on. Once that is established start adding in probiotics, etc slowly and one at a time.

We start feeding adult food at 6 months. For kibbles, Zignature Pork. For RAW, we prefer Stella and Chewys frozen Duck patties.

We feed raw.. local company. I agree with others.. avoid RC and Hills. Iā€™m also no fan of anything you can buy in the large chain stores like Iams, pedigree, purina. Iā€™m in a FB group and the issues people are having, itā€™s very sad. Some may have good/great results on these brands but you have to find what works best for your baby.

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

Back