I found when I was a teen-ager playing with my German Shepherd that if you give my German Shepherd a small enough ball that she can chew up, it's harder to entice her to bring back the ball because she thinks the ball is the reward. But, with a German Shepherd, a size 3 soccer ball has enough soft padding that she can grab it but big enough that it's hard to chew up and so she would bring back the ball so I'll throw it again for her to chase.
My Labrador though will chase after anything and bring it back, even all the way to the middle of the lake.
I got Bullie and she will chase just to run after something but she won't even grab the toy, she'll just stand there looking at it. She's not toy motivated.
Angus is very toy motivated but he would chase and chew up the toy. The soccer ball trick worked with Angus. It's not much fun because it's too big for him to chew so the only way he can make it fun again is if he brings it back to me so I can kick it again. The frisbee was a lot harder. I tried the frisbee several times before but he can't figure out how to grab the frisbee off the ground and I can't figure out how to teach it to him. The youtube tutorial really helped explain how to go about it step by step and it took less than an hour to teach Angus how to pick it up. But I still have to figure out how to teach him to catch it mid-air.