Ear Infection

dymeale

Aug 23, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nikolás
Hello Everyone,
My boy seems to have an ear infection. It looks inflamed, red and crusty. I started the lavender oil on him as I saw that in multiple posts. How many times a day should I do that? When will I notice a difference? And should I be doing anything else to cure his infection?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I’ve used Zymox Otic before.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Everyone,
My boy seems to have an ear infection. It looks inflamed, red and crusty. I started the lavender oil on him as I saw that in multiple posts. How many times a day should I do that? When will I notice a difference? And should I be doing anything else to cure his infection?
@helsonwheels is our resident oils expert she can help with your questions.

I use the same as Citty and also keep Tresaderm on hand.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello Everyone,
Hi there, your lavender oil, what brand is it? I usually mix it with fractionated coconut oil but…if it’s a bad infection I use it pure. I use DoTerra or Young Living 2 drops ABOVE the ear canal n not inside the ear canal. Oil will seep on its own. Once a day. Oil is powerful careful with it. Oil will bring up to the surface the guk from the ear so take the excess out.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online