does my puppy "look"like an english bulldog??

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
She looks like a bully to me! We aren't all carbon copies... no reason our dogs should be!

Plus some people just don't know other dog breeds. We've been asked if Chance was a pit bull. :p There are days when I look at him long enough *I* don't know if he's a bulldog. haha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is a sweet lookin girl -- with some BIG paws!!! and, I agree -- she is an EB

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Lucy's a beauty! :luv:

Several folks have asked me if Finn is a Sharpei. Now why would they think he's a felt tip marker?! :tongue: :lmaogirl:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: people said that about Franklin. I think she looks great I like how Franklin doesn't have a rope one less thing to worry about you know with these bulldogs if its not one thing it's another

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 95

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
ive had that issue with Gizmo as well....when she was going through that "weird' stage, a lot of people asked me if she was a boxer. I didn't really understand why they would think that. Then one day I looked at her and she just looked so....weird. lol She's finally started growing again.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
This question has come up before....I remember posting on it. I searched the forum and found it. So...I'm going to copy and paste the photos that were used. One is of a bulldog puppy on our forum and another was a boxer puppy I found doing a google search.

Here is a boxer puppy photo and a bulldog puppy photo. See how close they look when they are babies?

Really..besides the tail, the only other difference is the nose. The bully has the shorter snout and roll, the baby boxer does not.
Once they start getting a little older....boxer will start growing taller and Bulldogs will start getting wider.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I never realized how similar the boxer and Buliy puppies are. Interesting.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm still a believer in telling people they r chihuahuas n waiting for the face :p she's gorgeous n I know I prolly speak for a lot of ppl when I say we can't wait to watch her grow up :) I actually just started a thread asking ppl to post pics of their babies when they first got them n what they look like now u should check it out just to see the puppy pics vs the now pics to see how they change :D it's amazing!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bah hah hah! I love the Chihauhau answer! I'll have to use that one the next time I get asked what breed my boy is! Your girl is a super cute 100% EB! Some people have just never seen one up close and personal and some people are just clueless! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Staff online

Members online