Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
We took Bass to the pet store yesterday to get a new pair of nail clippers and they had a sale on toys...buy 2 get one free. Well, how can a Bullymom pass THAT up?!
Once we got home I decided to do a "toy-test" on all three toys to see which one would pass for Bass...meaning...not get destroyed in under 2 minutes while getting carried off to his favorite hiding place (under my dining room table). I decided to tell the story with pictures...

Toy One: The "Virtually Indestructible" nylabone
photo 4.jpg

Very excited anticipating a new toy...
photo 2 copy.JPGphoto 3 copy.JPGphoto 4 copy.JPG
...off he goes to test...
photo 5.JPGphoto 1 copy.JPGphoto 2 copy 2.JPG
...made it to the secret stash...
photo 4 copy 2.JPGphoto 2 copy 3.JPGphoto 1 copy 2.JPGphoto 5 copy.JPGphoto 3 copy 2.JPGphoto 4 copy 3.JPG

and it PASSED! With flying colors! Down fall, he was not happy when any of my girls walked by the dining room table, this one brings out the more aggressive "guard" dog. He gets like this w/very few items...so limited play time (when girls are in school).

Toy Two: The Tire WITH a Rope (not to be confused w/one of his classic favorites, 'the tire")

photo 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG
took a few seconds to get him into this one...he may have been confused that this tire did not have his "mark" and he is very loyal to his tire w/out the rope...
...but still...off he goes...
photo 4.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 6.JPGphoto 7.jpg
It PASSED! (and he even forgot about the nylabone - for a minute)...

and last (unfortunately also least)...

Toy Three: The "super tough" squeaking cow
these pics speak on their own, no need for captions (and I did remove the tag before releasing it;)

photo 1 copy.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.JPG
FAIL

The "not so tough" squeaking cow eventually made it (halfway) under the table...but the ear was chewed through in under two minutes and unless he has a playmate...this one was not a Bass Passing Toy.

The winner...
photo 5.JPG

Toy ONE!!!
Let's see how "virtually indestructible" it really is!

:pleasantry:

~Laurie

OP
NewEnglandBully

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
No sooner did I post this blog and found Bass w/the squeaking cow in his mouth ready to play when he heard me coming down the stairs...I tried to take a pic, but my camera was full :blush2:
so...maybe not a "fail" but it's in rough shape :yikes:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
love the play by play! Watch out with "the cow" Don't leave him with it-they like to eat them-get the squeaker and swallow!!! Just sayin....that's what mine do!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a great read and what great photo's, I love the cow..

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Please be careful of toys with rattles or balls within them , My Cane Corso got a hold of a tennis ball with a golf ball size sound maker ( My Bully loves this toy ) in it and ingested it (thank god he had chewed app 1/3 off it first ) Was a very scary time for 4 days we thought we were going to loose him and it ended up as EMERGENCY vet care not cheep !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love this.... passing is making it to the 'stash'.... :laugh:

ccbulldog

Sep 22, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
:hissycry:Great blog-- It's amazing how little time some toys survive in our house.

Lucy2019

Nov 18, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Hi guys,
I'm glad I came across this blog, and Im going to need your help guys. Lucy shes 7 months old, I been going through chewing toys like it is no tomorrow, I dont care if they say on the package indestructible,I buy only the ones it says indestructible, but she finds a way to destroy them in last then 24hrs and not only that, she swallows the small pieces. I just receive a order from Jeffers Pet of value of $70 dollars, i open i give her only one the Large Good and Bad Cuz, she was able to destroy that thing in last then 30min. I had to take it away. Now Im not sure if I should send the others that I bought back, it seems she destroys every single one I buy. I will be posting some pics of the toys on the blog I going to open, here we cant post pics. PLEASE HELP what toys do you guys give to this lovely MONSTERS :p

AceRN

Jun 17, 2020
Florida
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Edison Fitzgerald
Great Blog, I really enjoyed the pics and comments. Edison is my bully and I have learned the hard way only to give him Kong brand toys and no plush toys of any kind. He will destroy them in under 10 minutes Kong plush or other. Keep up your Blogging your very good at it, East to enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.