Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I wrote this piece because we got a "red flag" test result back from the vet's office yesterday...it put things into perspective for me, just how much Bass means to my every day life and that I need him as much as he needs me. The day will come, it's inevitable, that his health will fail and I will be right there to take great care of him!

ChaplinsPapa

Jan 11, 2019
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaplin
Hi there... I am new to the site and was just browsing when I saw your post Title, "Being bonded with a bulldog". I could write for days on how my Chaplin is literally a living, breathing extension of my soul. I have never in my life been so connected to another ...anything beit a dog or person. My Chaplin literally gets depressed if I do not show him what he means to me. The other night I was laying on the couch...exhausted. He jumped up and wanted some attention. Because I was tired and a little grouchy, I told him no and to get off. About 30 minutes later I woke up because I didnt feel him laying next to me. I sat up, looked around and in the corner of the living room, Chaplin was sitting...in the dark...in the corner...facing the corner with his head down. He was just sitting there...alone....in the corner....head down and crying. It destroyed me. We have become so attached to each other that neither one of us can even sleep without the other.... I am just as bad as he is. I need him as much as he needs me. It is truly a bond of the soul. The thought of something happening to him literally gives me anxiety and a sick stomach. One of the things I mad a commitment to do when he was about 6 months old, is hand make his food. It took awhile but I came up with a recipe that has shown incredibly positive results with his health. His Eyes, his digestive system, his skin, his build, his energy, his attitude...all of it. The Vet said he has never see a healthier English Bulldog. If you would like, I will share my recipe with you...just let me know...Anyway...take care....thanks for reminding me how much I need my Chaplin...

ChaplinsPapa

Jan 11, 2019
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaplin
Oops.... I made a double entry on accident....

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.