Swollen Face, help!

ColleenOJ

Feb 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hampton and Gigi
Sweet Ham woke up Wednesday with what looked like a bug bite on his face. Benadryl hasnā€™t been helping. We came home this evening and now the entire right side of his face is swollen! The swollen skin is red. Poor thing! Is there anything I can be doing other than Benadryl to help my little guy? Iā€™m planning to call the vet Monday.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Giving him benadryl will help, but he needs to be seen by an emergency vet ASAP!!! His throat can swell if he is having an allergic reaction, and that could have deadly consequences...

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
If Benadryl did not help and face is still swollen, Iā€™d probably get to a vet asap.

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Sweet Ham woke up Wednesday with what looked like a bug bite on his face. Benadryl hasnā€™t been helping. We came home this evening and now the entire right side of his face is swollen! The swollen skin is red. Poor thing! Is there anything I can be doing other than Benadryl to help my little guy? Iā€™m planning to call the vet Monday.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™m thinking like all otherā€¦ infectionā€¦ need a vet

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.