Signature kangaroo

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
So do I give it to him everyday or skip a day and you said on empty stomach or should I mix it with food
Was it Red Rover or Bovine Colostrum you bought??

I was referring to the Colostrum for giving it on empty stomach before breakfast.

The red Rover I put on his food for antioxidants

OP
T

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Was it Red Rover or Bovine Colostrum you bought??

I was referring to the Colostrum for giving it on empty stomach before breakfast.

The red Rover I put on his food for antioxidants
I got him the red Rover also can you reccoment some good treats or bones . This is wjat I been givin him

Attachments

• 20220706_124221.jpg
    20220706_124221.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 20220706_124216.jpg
    20220706_124216.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I got him the red Rover also can you reccoment some good treats or bones . This is wjat I been givin him

Ohhhh, maybe that’s what he is allergic to: both those treats are not good.

Dents stix can actually cause plaque due to the fillers in the ingredients, lots of allergy ingredients in both those treats☹️

Whimzees are a good dental chew, especially for allergies, or raw bones are good.

Maybe those treats are causing the tear stains and fur loss, I would discontinue both them, especially since your feeding raw diet to improve his health, it should extend to the treats too😊

Bully sticks are good and so are Yak chews, raw bones(I give knuckle bones), and whimzees.

For treats, Benny bully’s beef liver, pork liver is good if he can have pork(1 ingredients pork liver treats).

Salmon skins, pigs ears are also good.

I would stick to 1 ingredient liver treats of pork or beef especially with the allergies.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

Dents stix can actually cause plaque due to the fillers in the ingredients, lots of allergy ingredients in both those treats☹️

Whimzees are a good dental chew, especially for allergies, or raw bones are good.

Maybe those treats are causing the tear stains and fur loss, I would discontinue both them, especially since your feeding raw diet to improve his health, it should extend to the treats too😊

Bully sticks are good and so are Yak chews, raw bones(I give knuckle bones), and whimzees.

For treats, Benny bully’s beef liver, pork liver is good if he can have pork(1 ingredients pork liver treats).

I would stick to 1 ingredient liver treats of pork or beef especially with the allergies.

Orijen treats and jays treats are also good.

Plaque off dental chews, bull tails to chew on, plaque busters are a good dental chew.

OP
T

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson

I just bought thoes treats but yes you right he loves bones loves pig ears okay I will stay away from this treats. I also bought this thinking maybe do a plain yogurt and freez it or pork bought? What do you think or should I stay away from plain yogurt.?

Attachments

• 20220706_124628.jpg
    20220706_124628.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I just bought thoes treats but yes you right he loves bones loves pig ears okay I will stay away from this treats. I also bought this thinking maybe do a plain yogurt and freez it or pork bought? What do you think or should I stay away from plain yogurt.?

You can use it to freeze Bone Broth(you can get Pork bone broth too, and beef broth).

Goats milk is a better source fo probiotics for him than plain yogurt, you can refreeze goats milk or bone broth and use as treats after they are frozen😊

Definitely try to stay away from those dentastix, and blue Buffalo treats.
You don’t want to undo the health benefits of feeding good food by giving him filler treats😊

OP
T

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
You can use it to freeze Bone Broth(you can get Pork bone broth too, and beef broth).

Goats milk is a better source fo probiotics for him than plain yogurt, you can refreezegoats milk or bone broth and use as treats after they are frozen😊

Okay thank you .

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ohhh wait so 1 pattie a day I should give him so half morning half dinner?
When feeding raw, the general rule of thumb is to fee 2-3% of their body weight to maintain current weight, more to gain weight, less to lose weight. All dogs are different and the amount you feed will depend on activity level as well.

With feeding raw, you also want to rotate between at least 3 different proteins with one being a red meat.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes I go to bosleys I buy the 4 pack for 20 bucks of pork and duck but noticing more of tear stains under his eyes can't figure it out why.
Also try bottle/filter water. Also helps tear stains. You in a big city? Look up your local farmers. Often they do raw dog food on the side.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I think your issue is them treats. Full of fillers. If dogs play with rubber toys or rings with spikes on them they don’t need any dental treats. That’s a gimmick. Get raw marrow bones to chew on or a good quality toy. As for treats attached below only has ONE ingredient, beef n one lover only. Those are treats you need to look for. One ingredient.

I buy them at Costco. Under 15$ a bag or wait till they’re on special 12$ n I get 3-5 bags as I don’t go often to big box stores.

Attachments

• 46842C00-ACF2-41A6-89D9-0E09D879B214.jpeg
    46842C00-ACF2-41A6-89D9-0E09D879B214.jpeg
    862.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 14E2E2B8-8039-44E8-9029-A5E088ACF3F5.jpeg
    14E2E2B8-8039-44E8-9029-A5E088ACF3F5.jpeg
    949.1 KB · Views: 42
OP
T

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson

Goats milk is a better source fo probiotics for him than plain yogurt, you can refreeze goats milk or bone broth and use as treats after they are frozen😊

You don’t want to undo the health benefits of feeding good food by giving him filler treats😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220708-151956_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220708-151956_Gmail.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 44
OP
T

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson

Hi I ordered pork with no veggies from trucarnivores and his 2 meal he started breathing heavily now his paw has a syct coming in again patch of hair missing he was doing so good on big country raw I donno what changed any ideas I got a big box paid 120 dollars should I keep using it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220708-151956_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220708-151956_Gmail.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 47

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi I ordered pork with no veggies from trucarnivores and his 2 meal he started breathing heavily now his paw has a syct coming in again patch of hair missing he was doing so good on big country raw I donno what changed any ideas I got a big box paid 120 dollars should I keep using it.

Do you know for sure he is not allergic to Pork??? I know you said he likes pork, but if he is not allergic to pork there shouldn’t be an issue.

Keep in mind those patties come in 1/2 pound portions which is 1/2 a package of big country raw(they are 1 pound portions), so make sure your not over feeding it😊

Are you sure it’s not environmental allergies??

If he has been doing good with pork and you know he is not allergic to it then it would be fine to continue.

How long ago did you start him on pork from big country raw? Is the big country raw pork DINNER Or PURE pork??

If he is allergic to vegetables, this would be good if He is not allergic to pork.

You mentioned a couple days ago his fur is starting to fall out, if that was an allergic reaction, I would think it’s the dentastix or blue Buffalo treats since they are new.

For the heavy breathing, it’s getting warmer and you can expect to see him pant more because of the heat.

Is his breathing noisy??
Is he exercise intolerant, snoring, or loud breathing?? If yes to any of those then it could be elongated soft palate which is extremely common in Bulldogs.

How old is he??

OP
T

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Do you know for sure he is not allergic to Pork??? I know you said he likes pork, but if he is not allergic to pork there shouldn’t be an issue.

Keep in mind those patties come in 1/2 pound portions which is 1/2 a package of big country raw(they are 1 pound portions), so make sure your not over feeding it😊

Are you sure it’s not environmental allergies??

If he has been doing good with pork and you know he is not allergic to it then it would be fine to continue.

How long ago did you start him on pork from big country raw? Is the big country raw pork DINNER Or PURE pork??

If he is allergic to vegetables, this would be good if He is not allergic to pork.

You mentioned a couple days ago his fur is starting to fall out, if that was an allergic reaction, I would think it’s the dentastix or blue Buffalo treats since they are new.

For the heavy breathing, it’s getting warmer and you can expect to see him pant more because of the heat.

Is his breathing noisy??
Is he exercise intolerant, snoring, or loud breathing?? If yes to any of those then it could be elongated soft palate which is extremely common in Bulldogs.

How old is he??
He is 5 years old. He was on pork for 2 weeks then i switched him to duck I will keep my eye out and see how he doing could be allergies but so wierd how his cyst happen over night after I give him this food from trucarnivores.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
He is 5 years old. He was on pork for 2 weeks then i switched him to duck I will keep my eye out and see how he doing could be allergies but so wierd how his cyst happen over night after I give him this food from trucarnivores.

Ok, well if he had no reaction to big country raw pork he would be fine with the Carnivora(same ingredients).

Cysts don’t happen overnight, if duck was the most recent before the Carnivora pork that has no difference in ingredients, maybe he is allergic to duck?
Or those dentastix?

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.