Food query

culleton101

Jun 15, 2022
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Hi stumbled across this page so sorry if I've posted in the wrong section, I'm just wondering what raw food everyone feeds there bulldog, I've been feeding mine bullmers raw turkey mince for the first 10 months, but she's gone of it recently and is constantly scratching at her face, got speaking to a guy and he said he thinks it's the turkey that could be causing her itching so I've just moved onto natures menu raw mince, it's more expensive but I'll pay what ever it takes to see my dog in good health, last question how much a day do you guys feed them she weighs 25kg and I've been feeding my dog roughly 681g of mince per day thanks

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We fed Stella and Chewy frozen patty’s…thawed of course. We opted for the duck protein as that has served our dogs and hundreds of rescues over many years.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I feed a variety of brands and proteins. When feeding solely raw, you want to rotate between at least 3 proteins. Louie is about 60 pounds and gets about 10.2 ounces of raw twice a day.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I feed a variety of brands and proteins. When feeding solely raw, you want to rotate between at least 3 proteins. Louie is about 60 pounds and gets about 10.2 ounces of raw twice a day.

Which raw brands do you use??

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Which raw brands do you use??
Primal, Steve’s, Northwest Naturals, Answers, Small Batch, Stella & Chewy’s. My Frenchie also gets Raw Fed K9 which is a prey model online company. My bulldog doesn’t do well on that one as he needs the veggies in the other brands. I’ve done Tuckers too but I hate the packaging.

bulldogmom420

Jun 7, 2022
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chief
Hi stumbled across this page so sorry if I've posted in the wrong section, I'm just wondering what raw food everyone feeds there bulldog, I've been feeding mine bullmers raw turkey mince for the first 10 months, but she's gone of it recently and is constantly scratching at her face, got speaking to a guy and he said he thinks it's the turkey that could be causing her itching so I've just moved onto natures menu raw mince, it's more expensive but I'll pay what ever it takes to see my dog in good health, last question how much a day do you guys feed them she weighs 25kg and I've been feeding my dog roughly 681g of mince per day thanks
I saw a few recommendations in other threads for a few Canadian brands that looked amazing, but unfortunately I am in the states so I did some digging to find the equivalent of those suggestions here, as a lot of what comes up online are very boutique-esque brands like the farmers dog and a few others. I got ours from BJs raw pet food- there are a few formulas but I got the beef/beef organs blend. My boy has a poultry allergy so I wanted to avoid any and all poultry. It’s purely meat, no vegetables no grains. We just started today! Hope you have great results- keep us posted!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@1Chumly … do you still have the list of foods for UK. I can never remember it

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Have you tried their fish?

Bulmers dog food is made from either meat or fish. There aren’t any hidden ingredients or additives. So, if you purchase ‘Chicken Complete’, for example, the product will contain 80% meat, 10% bone, and 10% offal, nothing more, nothing less.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I feed mine from the grocery's meat section. Soooo much cheaper. And I get to choose exactly what goes into the food. Great for adjusting ingredients to target specific issues - e.g., wet stool, etc.

I posted my receipt somewhere on the forum a few months ago to show what I buy and how much it cost.

My dog was allergic to poultry in kibbles. Switched to raw and gave her a chicken leg. Was perfectly fine with it.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
I feed mine from the grocery's meat section. Soooo much cheaper. And I get to choose exactly what goes into the food. Great for adjusting ingredients to target specific issues - e.g., wet stool, etc.

I posted my receipt somewhere on the forum a few months ago to show what I buy and how much it cost.

My dog was allergic to poultry in kibbles. Switched to raw and gave her a chicken leg. Was perfectly fine with it.
https://www.englishbulldognews.com/threads/inflation-and-prey-model-raw.63372/
here's that post, super useful.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.