helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

No itā€™s the douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo with Climbazole from the vet. I stopped by to pick it up and went straight to the place I wash the pups myself. Dukeā€™s back losing little spots of hair. Will try that see what happens. Hopefully it works cause getting fed up of it come n go.

Yes we do get ripped off here itā€™s amazing!!! AB the worst province cause itā€™s the oil province. Thatā€™s another story. So to your knowledge the best one is what I got or the ketohex shampoo?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
No itā€™s the douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo with Climbazole from the vet. I stopped by to pick it up and went straight to the place I wash the pups myself. Dukeā€™s back losing little spots of hair. Will try that see what happens. Hopefully it works cause getting fed up of it come n go.

Yes we do get ripped off here itā€™s amazing!!! AB the worst province cause itā€™s the oil province. Thatā€™s another story. So to your knowledge the best one is what I got or the ketohex shampoo?

I think the ketohex is better since it has a better antifungal.

OP
P

porker101

Feb 6, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
lil pork chop
Can someone send me a link to Amazon or chewy to the best food? Most these brands I find which are puppy recommend chicken is the #1 ingredient. I thought chicken should be avoided?

Going to order the better shampoo recommended above. I'm getting a skin scrapping done today.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can someone send me a link to Amazon or chewy to the best food? Most these brands I find which are puppy recommend chicken is the #1 ingredient. I thought chicken should be avoided?

Going to order the better shampoo recommended above. I'm getting a skin scrapping done today.

The brands we suggested are all stages and you do not have to do 'puppy' version... Fromm has a red meat Heartland Gold I think is the name of it.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Iā€™m going through all this with Duke. Early months was puppy stress, now little holes of hair lost that comes n go. He doesnā€™t itch whatsoever nor scratch. Gave his medicated shampoo and will redo it in a couple days. Washed all beddings etc. Nyala has absolutely nothing. My tough cookie.

OP
P

porker101

Feb 6, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
lil pork chop
Skin scrapping proved it to be Demodectic, and according to vet they are already dying. Got some medicated Shampoo to help choke them out more. Thanks for all the suggestions guys! This is my 1st English bulldog so I want to make sure he has everything he needs to be happy.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Skin scrapping proved it to be Demodectic, and according to vet they are already dying. Got some medicated Shampoo to help choke them out more. Thanks for all the suggestions guys! This is my 1st English bulldog so I want to make sure he has everything he needs to be happy.

Be sure to change foods... keep up posted and lets see his pretty face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=18027]porker101[/MENTION]. Acana lamb has tripe in it so thatā€™s also probiotics.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I just gave Duke another bath with the Vetā€™s shampoo. I donā€™t see any improvement. Will order [MENTION=12725]Dolly[/MENTION] owner what you mentioned was better. Found while washing 2 redness bald spots. Had a bit of hair on it so was hard to see till I was washing him. I put NuStock and heā€™s in his kennel butt facing the door. Heā€™s pi*sed at me lolll. So right now Iā€™m testing him as we say. Doubt itā€™s the food as itā€™s the same as 6months ago. Nothing changed but up the raw. Washed all linens too. And for Nyala....nothing...sheā€™s my Iron Lady:)

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Would Lamb be another good option?

https://www.amazon.com/EARTHBORN-HO...refinements=p_n_feature_browse-bin:3059592011

What would you guys recommend for proboitics?
Our boy did very well on earthborn holistic meadowfeast. *no potato in it!

We also liked to use Ark's Natural Gentle Digest Chews for the probiotic and 3v caps. Looking back. he did best when he got 3v cap supplement oils.

For a non-harsh shampoo (our boy didn't respond well to Malaseb, Zymox, or harsher medicated ones with cholorhexadine) I highly recommend Dermabens or anything with benzoyl peroxide. It helped clear up our poor boy who had many boughts of staph infections! You can use it as often as you want.

Description:
DermaBenSs has been formulated to support healthy skin for animals with seborrheic skin conditions. This soap-free formula contains ceramides that aid in moisturizing, repairing, and restoring dry, damaged skin. DermaBenSs' active ingredient, 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide provides antimicrobial, keratolytic, comedolytic (follicular flushing), and degreasing actions while 1% Salicyclic Acid provides keratoplastic, keratolytic, antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic benefits.
[h=3]Key Benefits[/h]
  • Formulated for dogs, cats and horses.
  • Helps to increase the amount of water the stratum corneum, or outer later of skin, can absorb. This in turn promotes healthy skin regrowth.
  • Contains ceramides to help moisturize, repair and restore dry, damaged skin.
  • It has no sulfur odor.
  • Made in the USA!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online