Mpl

SamsonTheBulldog

Dec 10, 2020
Chicagoland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Our 10mo bullie is diagnosed with mpl and needs the surgery (scheduled in a few weeks due to their schedule).

unfortunately, he went from just walking funny to pretty much lame overnight.

Other than trying to expedite the surgery, anything we can do to help him out?

For those that have gone through the surgery, anything you can share on what to expect post surgery? I read that post recovery, they live a normal life. True?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Never had a dog go through this surgery. I do know that it will take a few months to heal and will need some physical therapy, and need to have strict limited activity after surgery. Make sure your surgeon is knowledgeable about anesthetic for bulldogs,which is very important. Best of luck for your Angus, I never let mine jump off couches or beds. I would keep him from doing that, even after he is healed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No experience either, but we did go through an AL surgery.... that took a few months to get back to normal, but within a few days he was walking , but we did not allow steps or jumping ... only short leashed walks

sending healing prayers

OP
SamsonTheBulldog

SamsonTheBulldog

Dec 10, 2020
Chicagoland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
quick update. Surgery center had a cancellation so we are going for surgery in the morning. thank goodness - carrying a 47# bulldog is getting heavy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
keep us posted.... best of luck! i get it... try doing it with a 62#er... LOL

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.