I just rescued an overweight English bulldog please help

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ah yes her tail pocket I could not think of what it was called... How do I clean it... I gave her a bath last night and dried her off and kinda looked at it and it stinks so bad, so I know it needa to be cleaned... I put some coconut oil on her nose yesterday and it has helped tremendously I've also put some on it today its still cracked but has stopped bleeding and does not look like it has been bleeding at all....... I'm definitely taking her to the vet I did not know they could trim the pada on there feet.. That will be good. She's doing excellent today with walking and getting up it's a lot better than it has been.i feed all my other dogs Purina puppy Chow there stomachs are so sensitive if I give them anything else they throw up and have runny stool... I dont really want to feed her that since it's really fatty...

This is the mix for Nyalaā€™s tail pocket. I swear by it as I do it every 2-3 day or it a tail apputation. Been over a year now and works GREAT!! Even her vet was was extremely surprised n asked for the formula.

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae (Or Thuja occidental as arborvitae is very hard to find but in the same family)
5-10 drops of tea tree.

Mix all with 4-5 oz fractionated coconut oil the clear one. Shake well. I use 3-4 baby wipes fragrance free. Add a bit of your mix on the corner of your wipe n wear gloves latex free n go inside deeply n clean. Repeat every corner of your wipes itā€™s it comes out clean. You will get a lot of hair so donā€™t panic or find some blood as itā€™s irritated. I DONT use witch hazel as if itā€™s irritated it will stink like hell. I did than the first time and never again. Poor Nyala yelped so much. Why I replaced it with tea tree. This mix is perfect for ear cleaning as it keeps yeast at bay.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Also don't feed your other dogs Purina puppy chow. It's a horrible dog food as well. Try Fromm Heartland Gold grain free puppy or Orijen Puppy.

Tyson55

Feb 11, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Use witch hazel to clean her pocket.

As for food... science diet is pure crap, not a lick of nutritional value.

Please do some research and look into feeding all your babies a much higher quality food... watch issues and vet visits slowly disappear .

Slow transition lessens upset belly or runny poo

Earthborn Holistic
Fromm
Acana
Orijen
The Honest Kitchen
Zingature

Yes, they are expensive but you will see drastic difference in your babies health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stay away from acana there is a law suit made my dog sick... try open farm

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I'm unaware of any ongoing law suit. I recall a class action suit being brought before a Colorado court but that was dismissed...as it should have been. Please share more info on this law suit you've mentioned several times.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

Even if your dog didnā€™t do well on Acana, Acana is still a good food that other dogs do well on.

That lawsuit isnā€™t going on anymore!
What lawsuit are you referring to??

What May work for 1 dog might not work for all dogs.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I'm unaware of any ongoing law suit. I recall a class action suit being brought before a Colorado court but that was dismissed...as it should have been. Please share more info on this law suit you've mentioned several times.
I posted it it elsewhere in here. Was in 2018 n exactly didnā€™t go anywhere as that lab that test Acana are known to be wrong very often n they never want to disclose their results. So that sure speaks for itself in my book.

Members online

No members online now.