HELP! My dog eats his poop šŸ’©

Salgain

Dec 1, 2021
Country
Portugal
Bulldog(s) Names
Sichuan
Hello
This would be my first post in here. I hate to start with disgusting topic but Iā€™m lost in here and I really need help. I have multiple problems as he my first and Iā€™m still learning my way through it so please feel free to give me any advice as you read on my post. Sichuan ( 3 months old) (my bulldog) has been eating his poop lately I only found out when I noticed some l leftovers stains on his potty pad. I take him out to poop three times a day (2 pm - 7pm -2 am) and to pee even more. Heā€™s still having pee accident around the house as I couldnā€™t figure out his pee schedule even though I have a training pad for him to use and he knows how to use it however he only use it if heā€™s inside his house ( itā€™s a big play house where he have his mattress on a side and the training pad on the other side and water dispenser and he eat in it too) but when Iā€™m home I open it and leave him to roam around my living room with me. He pees in the living room when I donā€™t notice even though his house door is open for him and my living room is not that bigšŸ˜“. Lately heā€™s having loose stool and I think itā€™s because heā€™s eating his poop ? He is been on one diet and never had a problem before he eats dry food pro plan purina salmon for sensitive skin 3 times a day total of 3 cups. Going back to our problem when he poop outside he have no interest in eating it and I take it away fast anyway. But he when he poop inside his pad he eats. He poop and eat it when Iā€™m at work (3 am to 12pm) I donā€™t know why he eats it? I read several articles about it and honestly I still donā€™t know why? I leave several toys in his house so he doesnā€™t get bored and I donā€™t want to give him bigger portion since I donā€™t want him to have future health issues due to weight.( hes 11 kilo - 3 months old) also, is he afraid of punishment so he hide the evedince? Because when he have his pee accident I see him running to his house and avoid eye contact like he knows he did something wrong. Iā€™m lost here and I know this is too much but I donā€™t know where to ask
Thanks in advance

you are feeding way too much food for a 22 lb dog. Heā€™s likely eating it because his body canā€™t digest that much food and the loose stool he makes still smells like food.
Firstly, cut his food to 3/4 cup twice a day.
Get him on a grain free high quality kibble.
Try that first and see what happens.
Puppy foods from Fromm, Acana, Origen, Zignature all qualify. Thereā€™s many more too!

Last edited:
you are feeding way too much food for a 22 lb dog. Heā€™s likely eating it because his body canā€™t digest that much food and the loose stool he makes still smells like food.
Puppy foods from Fromm, Acana, Origen, Zignature all qualify. Thereā€™s many more too!
Iā€™ll try that. Will get back to you. Thank you

Chip has you covered

Iā€™ll try that. Will get back to you. Thank you
Yes, way too much food.

Pro plan Purina is full of grains. Thatā€™s your problem right there. Only ingredient thatā€™s good in that bag, Salmon. Why is he eating for sensitive skin? At that age they have a strong immune system as they got off momā€™s milk. Extremely rare they have any skin or allergy issues.

Canola Meal? Ouch. Simply follow Chipā€™s advice n select one of the kibbles heā€™s mentioned n puppy will be back on track. :)

Salmon, Barley, Ground Rice, Canola Meal, Oat Meal, Fish Meal (Source of Glucosamine), Animal Fat Preserved with Mixed-Tocopherols, Brewers Dried Yeast, Salmon Meal (Source of Glucosamine), Natural Flavor, Sunflower Oil, Chicory Root Inulin, Salt, Fish Oilā€¦

I had a female foster which had a litter in january and owner handed over due to other reason and she would also eat her poo i put pineapple chunks in with her food and upto when she was adopted to new owner it stopped worth a try.

Hello
This would be my first post in here. I hate to start with disgusting topic but Iā€™m lost in here and I really need help. I have multiple problems as he my first and Iā€™m still learning my way through it so please feel free to give me any advice as you read on my post. Sichuan ( 3 months old) (my bulldog) has been eating his poop lately I only found out when I noticed some l leftovers stains on his potty pad. I take him out to poop three times a day (2 pm - 7pm -2 am) and to pee even more. Heā€™s still having pee accident around the house as I couldnā€™t figure out his pee schedule even though I have a training pad for him to use and he knows how to use it however he only use it if heā€™s inside his house ( itā€™s a big play house where he have his mattress on a side and the training pad on the other side and water dispenser and he eat in it too) but when Iā€™m home I open it and leave him to roam around my living room with me. He pees in the living room when I donā€™t notice even though his house door is open for him and my living room is not that bigšŸ˜“. Lately heā€™s having loose stool and I think itā€™s because heā€™s eating his poop ? He is been on one diet and never had a problem before he eats dry food pro plan purina salmon for sensitive skin 3 times a day total of 3 cups. Going back to our problem when he poop outside he have no interest in eating it and I take it away fast anyway. But he when he poop inside his pad he eats. He poop and eat it when Iā€™m at work (3 am to 12pm) I donā€™t know why he eats it? I read several articles about it and honestly I still donā€™t know why? I leave several toys in his house so he doesnā€™t get bored and I donā€™t want to give him bigger portion since I donā€™t want him to have future health issues due to weight.( hes 11 kilo - 3 months old) also, is he afraid of punishment so he hide the evedince? Because when he have his pee accident I see him running to his house and avoid eye contact like he knows he did something wrong. Iā€™m lost here and I know this is too much but I donā€™t know where to ask
Thanks in advance
Try make him food like salmon carrots and squash or pumpkin. I think might be food I'm starting to make food for my dog I still do kibbles but only 1 cup but he does better on home made food also do veggies and fruits as treats

STAY AWAY FROM ACANA there is a law suit and made my dog very sick .....try Open farm .

STAY AWAY FROM ACANA there is a law suit and made my dog very sick .....try Open farm .
Careful, this lawsuit didnā€™t go anywhere n it wasnt in Canada but USA n that was in 2018. Other issue is Clean Label Project which does testing n known to be very fraudulent n wrong very often. Being In the food industry I follow these labs closely.

FYI: The fact that the lawsuits rely upon data from the Clean Label Project ā€” which awarded a 5-star rating to Alpo dog food, and which Dog Food Advisor, Whole Dog Journal and even Forbes have described as using ā€œcontroversial,ā€ ā€œscare mongeringā€ tactics and just plain ā€œbad scienceā€ ā€” demonstrates that thereā€™s not a whole lot of evidence to back up their claims.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.
Back