Good Food

regrezaffi

Oct 18, 2020
Louisiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Skillet
Whatā€™s the best food for a one year old Eng Bulldog ? Heā€™s a bit overweight and heā€™s on Royal canine satiteity now
And heā€™s being rehomed and itā€™s quite expensive for a single woman with a modest income

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
A better food does not necessarily cost more in the long run. As there are less fillers in good food, you don't have to feed as much as the food is not empty calories. I feed my dogs Zignature. There are various proteins to choose from. I feed my 7-year-old, 65 lb boy just under 3/4 cup twice a day with a handful of frozen green beans as a topper. I should cut back a little bit too as he could lose a couple of lbs! I have never been a fan of "diet foods", especially RC.
Are you rehoming him or getting him?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
RC is not a high quality food. There is no oneā€™s size fits all when it comes to food. What works for one may not work for another. It may take a few trials and errors to find one that works. A few good brands are Acana, Zignature, Fromm, Open Farm just to name a few.

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
Hello all, my boy is 5 years old today and I was going to post a photo now I can respond to your post and put a photo up ...my guy WAS 59.5 lbs three months ago I put him on FROMM Weight Management kibble and it sure has helped, he is at 54 pounds and looks good. I feed him 3/4 of a cup twice a day and give him veggies as treats with an occasional homemade peanut butter (pb is health food store} banana treat.

Attachments

• 6DD70D13-.jpg
    6DD70D13-.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 98

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As mentioned, not all work for every pup, but RC is all Fillers and not muchprotein. Some dogs do well on it, but you have to find what works for him.

zingnature
Fromm
Open Farm
Earthborn Holistic
Acana

these are some people have great results withā€¦ avoid chicken and white potatoes. Also, these are pricey, but you donā€™t feed as much and the better the food the less you will spend at the vet

Most Reactions