Ellie tried to Nip...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Edited to say: The method that I've used with Joey, giving her a second to sniff and welcome the affection has worked wonderfully, she has never bitten anyone, lunged, or anything. After her first initial meeting then she considers them friends "I know this person" "I remember this person"

Yes! This ^^^^. We had to do this with Banks, she did not like being touched until she sniffed them , whether hand or pant leg, once she got that scent, she was fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Yes! This ^^^^. We had to do this with Banks, she did not like being touched until she sniffed them , whether hand or pant leg, once she got that scent, she was fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am so thankful to hear from a long time bully owner that this is familiar! I saw early on to just give her a minute, then fine. Itā€™s the early interactions with people that swooped in to her head when she wasnā€™t ready to trust this stranger that have stuck, I can say she is very forgiving. One delivery guy felt so bad thinking that Joey didnā€™t like him that he and I worked on Joey gaining his trust, worked like a charm! Thank goodness because heā€™s the pizza guy! LOL

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie will bust through the gate we have up between the entryway and living room any time a delivery person comes to the door. Anytime I know someone is coming to the house I have to put a pinch collar on him. He gets overly excited and will lunge for attention. He knows he has to sit before anyone letā€™s him but once he gets in the zone, hard for him to get out. After the new year, Iā€™ll have a trainer come to the house and work with him. Did it before but he still needs more work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Morning Bulldog Family!!

Thank you so much for your advice, and love with Ellie.

We know she is a good girl, and we are going to work with her to keep her a good girl :)

Hope all our American Dog Mommies and Daddies have a great Thanksgiving, and the rest of our Bully family has a wonderful week/and weekend!!

We will catch up soon....Love to everyone

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Louie will bust through the gate we have up between the entryway and living room any time a delivery person comes to the door. Anytime I know someone is coming to the house I have to put a pinch collar on him. He gets overly excited and will lunge for attention. He knows he has to sit before anyone letā€™s him but once he gets in the zone, hard for him to get out. After the new year, Iā€™ll have a trainer come to the house and work with him. Did it before but he still needs more work.

We wish Louie the best with his training!! We know he can do it!!:dance2::dance2:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Ellie is protecting her home. Believe me, if she had wanted to bite and inflict damage she could have. She was giving a warning...now you need to step in, take charge, and follow Helene's advice or something similar and forceful. If you do not, things can spin up in a hurry. I know how sweet she can be in the right environment. I bet this would NEVER happen outside her home, HER home!

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie is protecting her home. Believe me, if she had wanted to bite and inflict damage she could have. She was giving a warning...now you need to step in, take charge, and follow Helene's advice or something similar and forceful. If you do not, things can spin up in a hurry. I know how sweet she can be in the right environment. I bet this would NEVER happen outside her home, HER home!

Hi Chip!! Thank you for your Firm and Kind Advice, We are most Certainly going to get Ellie the help she needs to keep being the good girl we know.

Hope you and your pack are doing well, and have wonderful Thanksgiving:thanks6:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

76CC3575-7D47-4CEC-B5D5-680DBB86642E.jpeg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hereā€™s one I saw and had to post on Facebook cause I couldnā€™t stop laughing.

c520eb338d69cb7982bca57431cd2379.jpg

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hereā€™s one I saw and had to post on Facebook cause I couldnā€™t stop laughing.

c520eb338d69cb7982bca57431cd2379.jpg

HAHAHAHA!! Lucky for my Friends, she met them as a puppy, and she is FINE once she figures out it is them, and starts her "SEE ME" Wiggle

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
HAHAHAHA!! Lucky for my Friends, she met them as a puppy, and she is FINE once she figures out it is them, and starts her "SEE ME" Wiggle

Louie reacts to EVERYONE except maybe 2 people lol.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:laugh:Aww Crikey! He's a good booooy! (Try 4 of them!!) Love that! [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.