newmanwinslow

Jan 19, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Newman and Winslow
My senior bulldog as developed some mole like spots on his skin. Most are flat and 2 are slightly raised. Just noticed them so will make him an appointment but curious if anyone had any suggestions on what it could he. He has a history of allergies and in the past 3 months heā€™s had two bouts of diarrhea (one that put him on metronidazole). Something is definitely up with his system. Heā€™s been on a Acana duck and pear food for the past few years. E3582E11-B68C-4F50-856A-B79750C2CD53.jpegDF1EC284-5281-45EA-A0B7-7A8D062706F9.jpgE17E9F99-FB7D-43BC-92FA-8DB4043F340D.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My senior bulldog as developed some mole like spots on his skin. Most are flat and 2 are slightly raised. Just noticed them so will make him an appointment but curious if anyone had any suggestions on what it could he. He has a history of allergies and in the past 3 months heā€™s had two bouts of diarrhea (one that put him on metronidazole). Something is definitely up with his system. Heā€™s been on a Acana duck and pear food for the past few years.View attachment 118371View attachment 118372View attachment 118373

Hi the neighbour! If you use your nail Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s like a bunch of tiny scabs. My white face Jake just had that which was caused by his collar. Just find out heā€™s developed an allergy to metal. Anyhoo, before going to the vet I put NuStock. I wash it properly, scrape the little black scabs, yes there was blood underneath n I added NuStock. Within 2 days was almost gone as I caught it on time like you. When to double check at his vet n vets simply said to shave it n around and continue to with NuStock. So basically it took 4 days and all back to normal. Youā€™re lucky youā€™ve seen it especially being that dark of coat. Btw, Acana Duck is perfect.

How old is your dog? You might want to top on a meal per day about 1/2cup of raw liver n heart. Your dog needs to build up his immune system. A good natural probiotic like raw, fermented sauerkraut or fermented veggies in the fridge area is perfect.

2nd day
FD9BF6F6-84D9-4572-9089-6E0475390CB5.jpeg

4th day
45EA98C1-523B-4CEF-B672-7321B87E2AB2.jpeg

OP
N

newmanwinslow

Jan 19, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Newman and Winslow
Thanks for the reply! I definitely cannot scratch them off. Itā€™s more along his back, and he very rarely wears a collar (we live on a few acres and heā€™s an old lazy man - 9 years old)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks for the reply! I definitely cannot scratch them off. Itā€™s more along his back, and he very rarely wears a collar (we live on a few acres and heā€™s an old lazy man - 9 years old)

Maybe I should of been clearer. Sorry about that. Iā€™m looking at your photos which looks like minuscule blacks scabs which are basically very hard. When I tried to scrape them, I had to really scrape hard but just a few came off. Size was like a grain of salt. Has your dog been scratching or itā€™s not bothering him?
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION], [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Possibly due to blocked subaceous gland,or hair follical, or just aging -us oldies get creepy things! But-best to let the vet have a look!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never seen those...please let us know what vet says they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.