Wesley’s acting like “ jekyll and hyde” !!

OP
Zedsded

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Thanks everyone for the suggestion, collar does sound like it would do the trick.
At the moment we are trying more exercise which does seem to help, apart from the mad 10 mins he has whenever he gets back to the house after any walk!
we have also started using the ”coke can with coins in it” as a deterrent when he gets out of hand which also seems to be helping.

thanks again everyone

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Just hoping the experienced bully owners on here may have any more suggestions to help with Wesley who at the moment (7.5 months old) can be a complete and utter s##t!! :censored::cursing:

He goes from being a sweet playfull bulldog to an absolute pain in the :censored:, jumping trying to bite clothing, hands and feet!

This is not his “puppy shark” phase we went through that already

I know he’s probably testing the boundaries but we are struggling to get him to listen to anything!

The usual loud firm “no” has no effect at all and at the moment we are having to use an “aerosol” can which just blows air but its enough to make him stop what he’s doing for a while and also he’s having “time outs” in the hallway.

Its been bad enough recently to bring my wife to tears.

This is not all the time by any means its perhaps once a day but it’s upsetting when it happens.

We know all bullys are different and we did not experience this any where near as bad with our previous bully which is making it harder to cope with.

This may seem harsh but at the moment we love Wesley to bits but at times its hard to like him!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
We went through it with Ralph! the amount of money he cost us in chewing things and attacking my clothes must have been thousands! I would have given him away at times! but they grow out of it :-) he currently chilling on the sofa

Attachments

• D668F67E-C572-4E1C-A4BB-8A34F2B972B6_4_5005_c.jpeg
    D668F67E-C572-4E1C-A4BB-8A34F2B972B6_4_5005_c.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 108

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As @Pikola mentioned them collars do work. Many years ago I bought a collar that also vibrates on the lowest setting & if you go to the highest settings it sends a quick flick shock. I bought it for my German Shepherd. The brand is Dogtra. You pay a lot but these collars are made especially for dogs that hunts ducks. Hunters uses them to teach their hunting dogs when to fetch n drop. These are not collars to toy around with or leave it in children’s hands. You can also find a good dog trainer.
We used the Dogtra with Banks, she learned very quickly to behave just using the vibration feature.

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Thanks everyone for the suggestion, collar does sound like it would do the trick.
At the moment we are trying more exercise which does seem to help, apart from the mad 10 mins he has whenever he gets back to the house after any walk!
we have also started using the ”coke can with coins in it” as a deterrent when he gets out of hand which also seems to be helping.

thanks again everyone
My eb Geoff is exactly the same , when I get him home from my mums after work ( I’ve already taken him for his evening walk ) he plays up , starts barking and lunging at me . I’ve started leaving room for 5 min and usually when I return he is asleep or very sleepy and good as gold.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.