Please help.

BruceBane55

Dec 15, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Hello Iā€™m fairly new to EBN and to be quite honest I found it searching online one day in tears, cause I donā€™t know what to do anymore. Bruce is 1yr and 3 months and since the day Iā€™ve got him itā€™s been one trial after another from parvo to surgery on his eyes constant skin issues. Iā€™m in over my head! My family is upset with me cause Iā€™ve devoted a huge amount of time and money trying to keep up and keep all the issues at bay. Please any tips you have are greatly appreciated. Please no harsh words. Thank you for your time and God Bless.
IMG_6802.jpeg

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
Hello Iā€™m fairly new to EBN and to be quite honest I found it searching online one day in tears, cause I donā€™t know what to do anymore. Bruce is 1yr and 3 months and since the day Iā€™ve got him itā€™s been one trial after another from parvo to surgery on his eyes constant skin issues. Iā€™m in over my head! My family is upset with me cause Iā€™ve devoted a huge amount of time and money trying to keep up and keep all the issues at bay. Please any tips you have are greatly appreciated. Please no harsh words. Thank you for your time and God Bless. View attachment 125072
Bruce looks like a sweet boy ā¤ļø
Not sure if you have pet insurance, or if itā€™s too late because of pre-existing conditions but maybe look in to that to help with vet bills.
Iā€™ve had my EB for about 3 months now. Iā€™m still learning. One thing Iā€™ve read a lot is that the food plays a big role in their health. Seems Raw is best. I fed my Franny raw for about 2 months but then switched bc of cost. I definitely notice the difference in the amount she poops now and the gas is non stop! Iā€™m thinking going back to raw will be the best if I can swing it.
Iā€™ve also read about EB allergies, most commonly chicken. Maybe something heā€™s eating is causing skin problems.
I hope it all calms down for you both! šŸ’—šŸ¾

OP
BruceBane55

BruceBane55

Dec 15, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Bruce looks like a sweet boy ā¤ļø
Not sure if you have pet insurance, or if itā€™s too late because of pre-existing conditions but maybe look in to that to help with vet bills.
Iā€™ve had my EB for about 3 months now. Iā€™m still learning. One thing Iā€™ve read a lot is that the food plays a big role in their health. Seems Raw is best. I fed my Franny raw for about 2 months but then switched bc of cost. I definitely notice the difference in the amount she poops now and the gas is non stop! Iā€™m thinking going back to raw will be the best if I can swing it.
Iā€™ve also read about EB allergies, most commonly chicken. Maybe something heā€™s eating is causing skin problems.
I hope it all calms down for you both! šŸ’—šŸ¾
Thank you for the reply! Yes I was just reading posts about food there are so many recommendations itā€™s hard to know whatā€™s right. I have him on diamond naturals skin and coat. Going to look into changing that. As well as getting the insurance. We appreciate your kind words!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Cooper has allergies and we switched his food to "The Farmers Dog." Cooper is doing well. He stopped gassing us out and he lost weight before his knee injury but has gained the weight back. Cooper had an ACL tear and we had a TPLO performed and now has three weeks left on re-Cooper-ating. At least we hope.

Well are the allergies Intrinsic (inside your bully) or extrinsic (environmental factors). Cooper gets a Cytopoint shot monthly and Zyrtec daily coupled with his dietary change, his allergies are under the control. Please see https://www.englishbulldognews.com/...s-information-treatment-and-prevention.62907/

I do not know where you live but Forum Members have listed vets that take care of Bullies. Please see https://www.englishbulldognews.com/threads/veterinarian-recommendations.442/

I hope this helps you. I think the diet is most important

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Your ingredients are:

Ingredients: "Salmon, fish meal, potatoes, lentils, peas, pea flour, fava beans, canola oil, dried yeast, flaxseed, tomato pomace, natural flavor, calcium phosphate, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, kale, chia seed, pumpkin, blueberries, oranges, dried kelp, coconut, spinach, carrots, papaya etcā€¦ā€¦.

potatoes: not good for most dogs, to starchy
lentils, peas, pea flour, fava beans: too starchy
canola oil: any oil thatā€™s made from seeds arenā€™t great, even for humans
tomato pomace: acidic
natural flavor: is one big culprit no one knows whatā€™s their natural flavour. Often itā€™s definitely not natural

Constant skin issues = ā¤µļø

Raw is the best diet for any dog n youā€™ll avoid so many health problems. But, if you canā€™t do raw, go at least for a higher quality kibble n add raw liver, organs as a topper. Your dog needs a good cleaning of his gut flora. Definitely need minerals why raw liver is best n add a couple tablespoons of fermented sauerkraut you buy from the fridge section at health food store.
Watch the ingredients in his treats as that also is one big culprit. Stick to apples, fresh green beans. You can also add a couple drops of Oil of Oregano to the drinking water. OOO is Mother Natureā€™s antibiotic.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with others... start with the diet it tends to be the root of a lot of issues. You might spend more on food, but it will be less spent at the vet

Members online

No members online now.