Need some advice to loosen Vegas up??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I go from many poos on his bad food, to getting great poos with his good food twice a day, but yesterday he only pooped once, this morning I took him out and he squatted longer than usual and only produced two little very hard rocks, he wanted back out right now and I took him he squatted for a while and I could see his "hole" contracting but nothing came out, he finally gave up and came back in. What can I give him to help loosen him up? He is acting normal, does not seem to have a belly ache. He gets veggies and yogurt, maybe go and buy some apples?? Any suggestions?

I found this useful list of suggestions online, maybe one of those will help:

Make sure your dog always has plenty of fresh water to flush her intestinal tract.

Add vegetables to her diet.

Give plenty of exercise, either walking or playing fetch or anything which will stimulate her bowels.

Offer canned pumpkin in its pureed form (not pumpkin pie filling)

Give one teaspoon full of salmon or olive oil for a dog but much less for a puppy.

Offer a small bowl of milk.

Using a warm (not hot) moist wash cloth, gently apply slight pressure on her tummy while stroking downward toward the anus. This action mimics the natural way a mother dog uses her tongue to help her pup to eliminate trapped gas while encouraging the elimination of waste and urine.

I found this useful list of suggestions online, maybe one of those will help:

Make sure your dog always has plenty of fresh water to flush her intestinal tract.

Add vegetables to her diet.

Give plenty of exercise, either walking or playing fetch or anything which will stimulate her bowels.

Offer canned pumpkin in its pureed form (not pumpkin pie filling)

Give one teaspoon full of salmon or olive oil for a dog but much less for a puppy.

Offer a small bowl of milk.

Using a warm (not hot) moist wash cloth, gently apply slight pressure on her tummy while stroking downward toward the anus. This action mimics the natural way a mother dog uses her tongue to help her pup to eliminate trapped gas while encouraging the elimination of waste and urine.

[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION], & TessaAndSamson, well other than the olive oil and the milk I do all the above. Veggies, and pumpkin. He has had nothing different in his diet except I did find some Duck Jerky, I read the ingredients and he can have them, I bought some apples at the store just a bit ago and going to give him a half of a small one. He has never had this problem before. I personally am not a big fruit eater so he does not get alot of fruit and I never have milk in the house because I am lactose intollerent, but If the apple does not help I will try some milk. I will try the warm cloth towards his "normal" time this evening.

I would think an apple would help, it surely does with my daughter anyhow. Any fruit like that pears too I would think. Cutty has only had that problem a couple times ever and we have a stool softener the vet gave us for the few times it is a problem.

Members online

No members online now.
Back