Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] thank you. Take a lot of pictures and record your girls a lot. I'm so thankful I was crazy obsessed taking pictures of Dexter I have him barking, snoring, even throwing a fit all on video.

There is just nothing better than a bully throwing a fit :)

There are bully loving people and there are non bully people
and never the two shall meet.

How wonderful you have so much treasure of Dexter to love
and his baby to enjoy all things bully again. They are a most
special breed, once they've captured your heart, there is no
going back. We true bully lovers know & accept this fact!

God is good, always and we will see all our loved ones again!

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] thank you, I believe God is good and we will see our love ones again! My brother in law passed away few years ago now and I've been watching over my nephew like he's my own. I asked my brother in law to look after my baby.
I called the places that has Dexter's body, they said he was getting cremated as we speak. I can't wait to have him resting with me.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] thank you, I believe God is good and we will see our love ones again! My brother in law passed away few years ago now and I've been watching over my nephew like he's my own. I asked my brother in law to look after my baby.
I called the places that has Dexter's body, they said he was getting cremated as we speak. I can't wait to have him resting with me.

you will feel so much better when he is home... Theres a peace about it.. Sending love and prayers..

Bhaverstock1

Jun 24, 2016
Murray, KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella Artois and Dozer Jordan
SoCalLily I'm so sorry to hear this about Dexter! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time of need. My Dozer passed 2 weeks ago and I'm still trying to wrap my head around things. I'm wanting to get another bully, but I'm not sure how long I should wait. Each day does get a little easier, but everything reminds you of them! Sending you a big hug...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
Bhaverstock1 thank you! I really want another bully too, I don't think I could love another breed the same. But at the same time I wonder if I could ever love another dog like I loved Dexter? I've never had another dog so this is so hard to understand. I agree with you when is the right time to get another? Is it fair to our sweet boys we hurry getting another? Or is it fair to the new bully I'll probably spend all day crying?
Sending you a huge hug because I understand your pain! I'm hurting with you! You and your family are in my prayers

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
SoCalLily I'm so sorry to hear this about Dexter! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time of need. My Dozer passed 2 weeks ago and I'm still trying to wrap my head around things. I'm wanting to get another bully, but I'm not sure how long I should wait. Each day does get a little easier, but everything reminds you of them! Sending you a big hug...

Bhaverstock1 thank you! I really want another bully too, I don't think I could love another breed the same. But at the same time I wonder if I could ever love another dog like I loved Dexter? I've never had another dog so this is so hard to understand. I agree with you when is the right time to get another? Is it fair to our sweet boys we hurry getting another? Or is it fair to the new bully I'll probably spend all day crying?
Sending you a huge hug because I understand your pain! I'm hurting with you! You and your family are in my prayers

I felt the same way when my first boy passed, ... how could I love another and 'replace' Nitschke. :(. Like you we lost him suddenly and I literally was terrified to leave my home.. i did not want to open my door and him not be there so in my mind if I didn't leave I wouldn't have to accept it... took a full week off work and cried 24/7.

Then two months later along came Cheli ... our vet called and asked us to take him ' he is a special boy that needs great parents' , is what he said to us. I was VERY hesitant and it took our vet and his wife on a conference call with my boyfriend to get me to agree to meet this special baby. Needless to say, he came home with us a week later.

After Banks passed, we swore we would wait for awhile... she was Lewis' girl, his heart. But, Cheli got very depressed it was heart breaking--- Lambeau joined us just 4 short weeks from her passing, but we both still cry for missing our spitfire little beeochy girl.

My point is, you never replace ... you love a new, different baby that warms your heart like your first love didn't and gives you a different joy, but they never ever replace--- each gives you a new, different love and joy.

You'll know when you are ready but sometimes it is sooner than you think. And do not let anyone tell you when you are ready... do it on your hearts terms

((Hugs))

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
I felt the same way when my first boy passed, ... how could I love another and 'replace' Nitschke. :(. Like you we lost him suddenly and I literally was terrified to leave my home.. i did not want to open my door and him not be there so in my mind if I didn't leave I would have to accept it... took a full week off work and cried 24/7.

Then two months later along came Cheli ... our vet called and asked us to take him ' he us a special boy that needs great parents' , is what he said to us. I was VERY hesitant and it took our vet and his wife on a conference call with my boyfriend to get me to agree to meet this special baby. Needless to say, he came home with us a week later.

After Banks passed, we swore we would wait for awhile... she was Lewis' girl, his heart. But, Cheli got very depressed it was heart breaking--- Lambeau joined us just 4 short weeks from her passing, but we both still cry for missing our spitfire little beeochy girl.

My point is, you never replace ... you love a new, different baby that warms your heart like your first love didn't and gives you a different joy, but they never ever replace--- each gives you a new, different love and joy.

You'll know when you are ready but sometimes it is sooner than you think. And do not let anyone tell you when you are ready... do it in your hearts terms

((Hugs))

I hate the feeling of opening my door and him not running to me! I miss the loud snoring! I just miss my baby.
I've also taken a week off work, but once I get his ashes I'll need a few more days I'm really scared how I'll feel.
Thank you for sharing your story, I can see what you mean we just get a new different joy with a new bully. They all do have so much love to give.
Thank you!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I hate the feeling of opening my door and him not running to me! I miss the loud snoring! I just miss my baby.
I've also taken a week off work, but once I get his ashes I'll need a few more days I'm really scared how I'll feel.
Thank you for sharing your story, I can see what you mean we just get a new different joy with a new bully. They all do have so much love to give.
Thank you!

maybe not... when we got Nitchke and Banks back I really thought I would crumble, but as weird as this may sound- it was heart warming and I felt somewhat at peace having them back in the house. They are on the mantle with our favorite picture next to them. We still print and frame pictures in different rooms and I even have a little area in the garden for my sweet gifts from wonderful friends. I'll post a picture tonight.

Do what helps you through the grief... matters not what others think or say

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
maybe not... when we got Nitchke and Banks back I really thought I would crumble, but as weird as this may sound- it was heart warming and I felt somewhat at peace having them back in the house. They are on the mantle with our favorite picture next to them. We still print and frame pictures in different rooms and I even have a little area in the garden for my sweet gifts from wonderful friends. I'll post a picture tonight.

same,, I thought I wouldn't be able to do the pick up,,,, and I will say that I walked in, they sweetly handed me what I was there for,,, and the greatest peace came to me as I drove with my baby again... Yes, tears, but with smiles that I had her with me... you just do what ever it is you need to do to get through...hugs

- - - Updated - - -

same,, I thought I wouldn't be able to do the pick up,,,, and I will say that I walked in, they sweetly handed me what I was there for,,, and the greatest peace came to me as I drove with my baby again... Yes, tears, but with smiles that I had her with me... you just do what ever it is you need to do to get through...hugs

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo

Thank you! I think I'll feel better once he's home, I'm getting anxiety that he's not home yet. I'm calling first thing tomorrow to ask what's taking them so long

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo

Thank you, I think I'll have some peace once he's home. I can't wait to see your pictures

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you, I think I'll have some peace once he's home. I can't wait to see your pictures

f629bca35091332941f0bec0748ac501.jpg

de09fbbb2284b70bb99cca1eda5cbb77.jpg
215a847bf457a3a2eec87deede12b519.jpg
410f7e689c21698e90111a37da723e88.jpg

a4b11e81a977e6e8b216a9fe13f2a95c.jpg
dbc15b0713c63f86fd4b039742b73bcb.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

I LOVE your shadow boxes, I need to do that for my angels... :heart:

OP
S

SoCalLily

Jun 29, 2015
California
Country
San Bernardino
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter and Renzo
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] wow everything is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing, what a beautiful way to displaying some of there stuff.

Members online

No members online now.