Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Franksense! WOW!!!! Love hearing these 'personal' stories! Thanks for sharing!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Franksense! WOW!!!! Love hearing these 'personal' stories! Thanks for sharing!

Yes is a bit personal but hey, it's part of life. We need to do everything we can to fight the big "C".

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yes is a bit personal but hey, it's part of life. We need to do everything we can to fight the big "C".

hahahahha @hellsonwheels , I MENT!!!! stories of REAL life... I'm laughing because I didn't take into consideration just 'how' personal this one was when I said that, just that fact that it's real life... haha, sorry. And edited to add, i REALLY ment it! I love hearing this!!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Just thought about this- why do you need a glass spray bottle? It's easier to find a plain glass bottle since you're just putting on a cotton ball anyways.

From [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] /Sarah

It's been a little while since I've posted so to catch up...Sgt.Schultz is turning 10 tomorrow and is still full of himself. His health has been pretty good (lots of maintenance) but I wouldn't trade him for the world.I've been home cooking for about 3 years (in a pinch we use a grain free honest kitchen that we add a protein to) and this seems to work well for his system.His chronic ear infections have been healed with a blend of essential oils that we apply weekly with a cotton balls - better than any antibiotic or vet supplied ear drop.

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear health.Spray on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in ears.In a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae

Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Some people in vaping community believe you are protecting yourself against catching colds by vaping since the base consists of propylene glycol and glycerin, which are antiseptic, especially the propylene glycol. So I guess diffusing would work somewhat similar, but in a more natural way than the propylene glycol.

Here's a UPLIFT for diffuser

10 drops Lime
10 drops Cedarwood
10 drops Lavender
08 drops Copaiba.........Copaiba Essential Oil is the most powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient. Massive tree fromethe Amazon rainforest.

You can also use one teaspoon of a carrier oil with 8 drops a lavender and 4 of copaiba and massage on pain.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Some people in vaping community believe you are protecting yourself against catching colds by vaping since the base consists of propylene glycol and glycerin, which are antiseptic, especially the propylene glycol. So I guess diffusing would work somewhat similar, but in a more natural way than the propylene glycol.

Went out for a nice supper had one gin berry tonic soda only and reading this...... Man you lost me! :lmaogirl::lmaoboy::lmaogirl:

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I was trying to say that vaping nicotine in propylene glycol can have a medicinal effect similar to your nebulizer. :)

Went out for a nice supper had one gin berry tonic soda only and reading this...... Man you lost me! :lmaogirl::lmaoboy::lmaogirl:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I was trying to say that vaping nicotine in propylene glycol can have a medicinal effect similar to your nebulizer. :)

Oh I see. I dont smoke. Does it show? Lolll

Ok got it and yes its more natural for sure :)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
From what I was reading, should be safe to put this essential oil mixture product in a PET plastic bottle ( labeled "1" on bottom ) since it is diluted once it is mixed with the coconut oil. This is convenient since some old ear drop bottles I have purchased that are empty are made of PET plastic. The blend should be good for 3-6 months. However in the instructions it says not to put directly in ear, just on a cotton ball- is this mandatory? Would it hurt to flood ear with it?

It's been a little while since I've posted so to catch up...Sgt.Schultz is turning 10 tomorrow and is still full of himself. His health has been pretty good (lots of maintenance) but I wouldn't trade him for the world.I've been home cooking for about 3 years (in a pinch we use a grain free honest kitchen that we add a protein to) and this seems to work well for his system.His chronic ear infections have been healed with a blend of essential oils that we apply weekly with a cotton balls - better than any antibiotic or vet supplied ear drop.

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear health.Spray on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in ears.In a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae

Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way fullShake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
From what I was reading, should be safe to put this essential oil mixture product in a PET plastic bottle ( labeled "1" on bottom ) since it is diluted once it is mixed with the coconut oil. This is convenient since some old ear drop bottles I have purchased that are empty are made of PET plastic. The blend should be good for 3-6 months. However in the instructions it says not to put directly in ear, just on a cotton ball- is this mandatory? Would it hurt to flood ear with it?

I use dark glass bottles as any oils even example extra virgin olive oil needs to be protected from light. Why they make dark bottles or cans for EVOO. Essential oils most in this recipe are anti inflammatories it can irritate. I myself had for a few days an itchy ear deep enough that you cannot put a q-tip to damage anything. So I put the mixture on a swab and clean my ear. The ear absorb the oil and went on its own further down and I did feel the cool effect of the oil n it did started to have a small sting. Not dramatic whatsoever so I dont see it being an issue for the dog. Just DONT put it directly into the ears as I did it n no need to. It goes down on its own. Go around the canal with the swab is good enough.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Do you use this for tear stains too? I know you can use colloidal silver for that.

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Do you use this for tear stains too? I know you can use colloidal silver for that.

No cause oils will mix with the tears n go in the eyes. I stay away from oils n witch hazel when it comes to eyes.

I got to get colloidal silver. I keep forgetting it when I shop for my oils. Walk right by it last time and even stared at it. Go figure lol

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Probably be cheaper to mix up 2% boric acid and 2% acetic acid solution like I do and use that.
You can buy a really concentrated colloidal silver solution and dilute it to 10 ppm with distilled water to make it last longer

No cause oils will mix with the tears n go in the eyes. I stay away from oils n witch hazel when it comes to eyes.

I got to get colloidal silver. I keep forgetting it when I shop for my oils. Walk right by it last time and even stared at it. Go figure lol

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Just ordered from Botanic Universe ( Ontario ) https://www.botanicuniverse.com/ 5ml bottles of Arborvitae, Basil,Frankincense,Geranium, and Lavender essential oils and a 250 mL bottle of Fractionated Coconut Oil. Cost Me 55.00 plus shipping and tax for 67.73 total. Came in a few days- great service !

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Just ordered from Botanic Universe ( Ontario ) https://www.botanicuniverse.com/ 5ml bottles of Arborvitae, Basil,Frankincense,Geranium, and Lavender essential oils and a 250 mL bottle of Fractionated Coconut Oil. Cost Me 55.00 plus shipping and tax for 67.73 total. Came in a few days- great service !

wow!! sounds great deal!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.